Clockwise & Team Groups for alternative ways to play

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Dennis W

Clockwise & Team Groups for alternative ways to play

Post by Dennis W »

Getting the hang of the game but the chaos of the Free for All is getting old? Starting two groups to play these modes. Using groups to avoid peeps accidentally joining a table without understanding and agreeing to the concept. Both Groups are Open to Public Joining. Two separate groups just so players are clear what game type they are starting. Feel free to join both.

Clockwise 4X - A Player wins ONLY by the Homeworld of the Player on their immediate left being destroyed.

Team Mode 4X - The Players on Opposite Corners (4 Player Map) are Teammates and Both 'Win' if either of the opposing HW's are destroyed. As I understand it this mode will require using 'Training Mode' and will just be for fun - No ELO, or else one of the teammate of the winning team will also be considered a loser.

Newish player (might get to play on a real table this weekend!) so suggestions and comments are welcome. I'm just winging this :)
Last edited by Dennis W on 13 July 2022, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.
Lunalol

Re: Clockwise & Team Groups for alternative ways to play

Post by Lunalol »

Two questions:

- Are these ways to play officials (somewhere written in some SE4X extensions) ?
- If yes, you can create a suggestion with bug report system and perhaps I could add them.

Thanks for playing.
Dennis W

Re: Clockwise & Team Groups for alternative ways to play

Post by Dennis W »

The Team Mode concept is on page 6-7 of the Scenario Rulebook (the version I looked up anyway).

The Clockwise Variant I believe is purely House Rule (Taken from the from BGG Forum - They refer to it as 'Sinister Variant') https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/155869 ... 7#36799207

I know you just wrapped the Advanced Rules and wasn't looking to pile on more requests before seeing if there was interest. Is why I decided to try the Groups method to handle it ourselves until we figured out if it was worth extra coding.

*EDIT* Went to make a suggestion and it seems to require a Table # for just this general Variant suggestion - Is that the right place?

I'll add a suggestion for Team Mode just to get it on the radar of the players who just browse there. But totally okay with experimenting around with it before you devote coding time to it.

Return to “Space Empires: 4X”