Number of achievements for expansions

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
virusC0r0na

Number of achievements for expansions

Post by virusC0r0na »

Hi,
Don't the rules say you need more achievements to win if you play with expansions?
https://www.asmadigames.com/rules/Ruleb ... preads.pdf
I think BGA still has 6 achievements to win for expansions. Let me know if I'm wrong.
rkruc

Re: Number of achievements for expansions

Post by rkruc »

virusC0r0na wrote: 14 July 2022, 19:11 Hi,
Don't the rules say you need more achievements to win if you play with expansions?
https://www.asmadigames.com/rules/Ruleb ... preads.pdf
I think BGA still has 6 achievements to win for expansions. Let me know if I'm wrong.
Yes, max(4;8-<number of players>+ <number of expansions>) is the formula for number of achievements.
EDIT So for example 7 in 2 player game with expansion.
Also there is only 1 expansion now, so relic cards are not fully fuctional yet so they probably should be off or at least give warning when choosing to turn them on. ( And for me generally relic are the least favorite part of the least favorite expansion - too easy to get very swingy as achievements)
kermitfrog

Post by kermitfrog »

The extra achievement is required when playing with artifacts. You also can add an extra achievement if you want the game to last a little longer (this is also available with just the base cards).

The relics are fully implemented with the base set and artifacts that are available now. When cities and echoes are released, the 3 and 7 relics will also be playable cards from your hand. The relics shorten the game for sure, so adding the extra achievement might make sense when playing with relics.
Zeth4

Post by Zeth4 »

I just played a game with relics and it required 8 achievements. Is this a bug?
Micah Stairs

Post by Micah Stairs »

No that is not a bug. That means you played a game with the "extra achievement" option enabled (which is a optional rule mentioned in the rule book). This adds an extra achievement on top of any that are added by expansions.
Micah Stairs

Post by Micah Stairs »

rkruc wrote: 15 July 2022, 08:35
virusC0r0na wrote: 14 July 2022, 19:11 Also there is only 1 expansion now, so relic cards are not fully fuctional yet so they probably should be off or at least give warning when choosing to turn them on. ( And for me generally relic are the least favorite part of the least favorite expansion - too easy to get very swingy as achievements)
I'm not sure why you say they are not fully functional, because they are. You just can't pull relics into your hand if that particular set isn't in play.

Return to “Innovation”