Tournamnet

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
teapee

Tournamnet

Post by teapee »

How do I turn off expansions for the latest tournament?
The "disable" settings don't make any sense to me, and turning them to "I never want to play" doesn't allow me to turn off all options.
GeraldineMerida

Re: Tournamnet

Post by GeraldineMerida »

'I never want to play...' sounds like the options you see in Arena, where some settings are decided each season (by 'gurus' who have played the game a lot the season before), and can't be altered by the individual player.

If you are actually setting up a tournament, base game only will still be an option, but you will have to play with the new graphics. (The developer has decided not to make the old ones an option, even for base games.)
Micah Stairs

Post by Micah Stairs »

Players can now choose to change the appearance of their cards using a personal game preference. See "Options > Card appearance > First edition". They won't be identical to what we had before but they are heavily inspired by them.
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

Micah Stairs wrote: 03 August 2022, 23:38 Players can now choose to change the appearance of their cards using a personal game preference. See "Options > Card appearance > First edition". They won't be identical to what we had before but they are heavily inspired by them.
To me the '1st Edition' option cards look quite unfinished and much uglier than the originals. More importantly though, the text is even smaller than on the current 3rd Edition implementation!

Complaints about the enforced change to 3rd Edition seem to centre around readability of cards and perceived ugliness of the new cards, so I'm not sure how this option will address most people's concerns.
Micah Stairs

Post by Micah Stairs »

The dogma text boxes are identical regardless whether you choose "First edition" or "Third edition". So if you think the text is smaller then that must just be an illusion.

We just wanted to give people an option to swap out the card backgrounds, since some users were having trouble with the busy backgrounds.

Over the past 3 weeks, we've made a ton of other graphic improvements, including making the dogma text much larger. Things are in a much better state than they were 3 weeks ago.

Can you please share a screenshot showing what the cards look like for you? Perhaps there's a browser compatibility issue we need to fix, because most people I've chatted with are much happier now.

Return to “Innovation”