3 player games and the action tile

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
JustHere4Tichu

3 player games and the action tile

Post by JustHere4Tichu »

I would like to propose a change to 3 player games of Carnegie. That is to either remove the action tile from the games, or that every player has one. The action tile is an advantage too much.
radiusg

Re: 3 player games and the action tile

Post by radiusg »

The third player choose the action 6 times when the others players do it 7 times. This is why the third player has an action tile.
JustHere4Tichu

Post by JustHere4Tichu »

I didn't ask for a reason for why the third player has the action tile. I asked if it could be changed. The third player already gets to put out a free construction project and choose a department first.
radiusg

Post by radiusg »

"I asked if it could be changed" no

"The action tile is an advantage too much." i don't think so. I you remove the action tile, the third player will begin with a drawback and i don't think it's the good solution, if it's a problem for you, you should play parties only with 2 or 4 players. Problem solved.
TryWhite

Post by TryWhite »

I agree that the 3rd player action selection tile is overpowered. 2nd player has a huge disadvantage in all 3 player games. The 3rd player already gets first choice of departments which often means they can snag an important "single" department or guarantee themselves a department they want. Why do they need the action tile?

Return to “Carnegie”