Rule Clarification: Chat

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
GeraldineMerida

Re: Rule Clarification: Chat

Post by GeraldineMerida »

Telling your role isn't 'saying something bad'.

The initial question was about RULES (which allow and even encourage role-sharing/bluffing).

Of course, some people may choose to request different behaviour in their game set-up, and that's fine for them. And some people may be unfamiliar with the rules.

My karma shows that I manage just fine to play online without attracting too many red thumbs. If I encountered someone who got angry with me for playing by the rules, I'd simply avoid them in the future. The people I play BANG! with are perfectly accepting of role-sharing, even if they don't all do it themselves.
kuzestanx

Post by kuzestanx »

I don't understand why there is controversy here. There is a clear answer from the developer (full quote already in this thread): you can say whatever you want, but you can't name the cards in your hand and ask for approval to play any Indians, Gatling etc.

So 1 - all discussion of roles is allowed, 2 - you can tell other players and discuss strategies, 3 - you can't tell other players what cards you have in your hand (honestly, what prevents devs from not introducing restrictions here? People can bluff about their roles but can't bluff their cards?)
Nafghar

Post by Nafghar »

Thanks for your answers and your time, it helped me:)

Return to “Bang”