Unplayable. Really.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Zhuangzi

Unplayable. Really.

Post by Zhuangzi »

So many cards, especially using the expansions, have complex info accessable only via 'hover' - the same is true for Goals.
But on my ipad I cannot see any of this. It essentially makes the game impossible to play. (Actually, it just makes it unwinnable: i'm still playing, but like a blind man in a small passageway with sharp-edged walls.)

Surely many of us often play on our pads/tablets? Is it realy so difficult to change things so we can use the info-accessing capabilities of hover? (Perhaps it is, but then i don't think this site should claim it can be used on tablets.)
DrReyrey

Re: Unplayable. Really.

Post by DrReyrey »

I've been playing my android phone and I can 'hover' by pressing a card and holding. The info bubble shows up and I can release. Tap it again and it's gone.
Niall

Post by Niall »

On iPhone I find a double tap-hold brings up the card text. Might be same on iPad. If really in doubt, and you can be bothered, Google image search the card in question.
Zhuangzi

Post by Zhuangzi »

Thanks. iPad seems different. Will keep experimenting.
kanigget

Post by kanigget »

I'll chime in and agree it's a bit hard to play on my iPhone. The hover information sometimes appears (usually if it's the first card I tap on after the page loads) but it's not reliable, and the same tap might just as easily play the card, sometimes with no possible undo (eg. a placing a military world). At other times, a single tap won't trigger a card and I've found a two-finger tap is required to activate a card/phase.

In this day and age, I'm quite surprised mobile accessibility isn't a higher priority, to be honest!
BrunoJoani

Post by BrunoJoani »

My friends, I am SO happy.
I have an Iphone 11 and was getting the same issue.
But I really discovered a way to see the “tooltip” information on iPhone.

Follow EXATCLY this steps:

1 - Tap + Tap and hold for 1 second OUT of the card (on the background, for example, where is no cards, buttons, etc…)
Then…
2 - Tap and hold on the card.

It should work.
Please, tell me if you got it.
insomniii

Post by insomniii »

That works beautifully, thanks so much! :D

Return to “Race for the Galaxy”