Make 2 mins per player pls

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
AVTactics

Make 2 mins per player pls

Post by AVTactics »

The problem of turn-based games is waiting. This problem starts to shine especially in online gaming.
When playing offline this waiting can be not felt so much sometimes, for example you are playing with your friends, talking, laughing, discussing something, drink some drinks - having fun conversation as a summary, the gameplay of online set is different.
Shortly, nobody likes to wait. But in multiplayer turn-based games you have to wait for others to make their turns.

Right now we have around 3-4 minutes per player. Each player has some time for his turn(s).
Playing ranked I often see how long this waiting can be. Sometimes (often actually) players just dont show up so the game ends. But before it ends everybody has to wait these 4 minutes in order to not get penalty.

I suggest, I would like the BGA development makes 2 minutes per player.
You see, if someone is ready to play - 2 minutes is enough, more than enough. Even if you have some technical problems and you need to restart your browser - 2 mins is enough. If you have more serious ploblems 3-4 mins will not save you.

Right now I have to wait for someone roughly in half of my ranked games. This .... NOT FUN.
If you are affraid of making such a "borders" - just make it for ranked games only, and let players play with 3-4 mins in casual if they wish.

In my opinion what we have now is big problem. It is the problem of fun which we lose when wait for too much. My suggestion, I hope, will be sort of step forward; well, at least if someone is AFK the other players (who want and ready to play) dont need to wait for that long.
voriki

Re: Make 2 mins per player pls

Post by voriki »

The developer doesn't choose the time, it's the mainframe that chooses the time required based on averages of all matches, of all players.
Lechugato

Post by Lechugato »

First, thanks for the suggestion.
In my opinion, you can keep the current limit, but if a player is inactive for more than 2 minutes kick him
kuzestanx

Post by kuzestanx »

I fully support this proposal. I prefer short limit games and in all my 2000+ Bang! here, there was no such case that I overstayed the limit, or even approached it.

In reality, all these 4, 6 minutes are only needed for people to wait all these minutes until the moment when they can kick the player. Oh yeah, also for those guys who have time during the game (the funniest explanation I've heard here) to talk to the boss in the office and have a good time with the girl
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Please read voriki answer, this is not doable at the moment.
AVTactics

Post by AVTactics »

Today I played ranked game with 6 min timer for each player. I dont even know how to comment the existing system ....
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Please read voriki answer, this is not doable at the moment.
CroatiaBoy

Post by CroatiaBoy »

Make 1 minute per player

Return to “Bang”