Playing with other members in the same room

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
pepe3535

Playing with other members in the same room

Post by pepe3535 »

I play with friends sometimes in my appartement. Everybody with their own tablet/laptop. I can't sitting at a table (desease). This is the only way for me for playing and seeing my friends like in earlier times.
There is a message that it is forbidden having more accounts. But we have our own accounts, some of us are premiumuser.
Hotseat is no alternative.
fruktansvärt

Re: Playing with other members in the same room

Post by fruktansvärt »

BGA wants you to buy and play the physical game if you are in the same room. This policy, I would guess, is from before the pandemics. Perhaps BGA should consider lifting this rule, now that the pandemic has made it unadviseable to sit close to one another?
ViolentSilence

Re: Playing with other members in the same room

Post by ViolentSilence »

fruktansvärt wrote: 09 August 2022, 10:30 BGA wants you to buy and play the physical game if you are in the same room. This policy, I would guess, is from before the pandemics. Perhaps BGA should consider lifting this rule, now that the pandemic has made it unadviseable to sit close to one another?
This is a publisher restriction more than BGA - they don't want people to not buy a game because they can play it for free (which makes sense). I think the only concern on the BGA side specifically is about people using sock puppet accounts to boost their ELO scores. As far as I'm aware, a premium account lets you play with people from the same IP address (I used to play with my nephew and my sister-in-law for example), so I'm not sure what the issue is with the OP, unless they are just concerned about the warnings on the set up screen. If they are being accused of having multiple accounts, then that needs to be addressed with site support, it can't really be handled in the forums

Return to “Discussions”