Round Robin Cant stop 3 way tie....and I got third?

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
crackajacka

Round Robin Cant stop 3 way tie....and I got third?

Post by crackajacka »

Just wanted to vent my frustration and say how stupid this is. Joined the Can't stop round robin....there was a 3 way tie. I got third place because of alphabetical order.....and to make matters worse... I beat both players who were 1st and 2nd....So in conclusion the tie breaker should be based off the 1v1 game not alphabetical order because that's FING ridiculous
Gulchen

Re: Round Robin Cant stop 3 way tie....and I got third?

Post by Gulchen »

Do you have any indication of alphabetical order other than ​ ​ ​ ​ that fits ​ and ​ head-to-head doesn't ​ ​ ?
I don't know whether-or-not ​ Can't Stop ​ has scores: ​ ​ ​ If it does then the tiebreak might be based on those.

otherwise: ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ I've seen posts here suggesting that ​ ​ ​ how long the accounts existed ​ and ​ thinking time ​ ​ ​ are what BGA uses.

For round-robins of games without scores, I agree that head-to-head should be the first tiebreaker.
peshehod

Re: Round Robin Cant stop 3 way tie....and I got third?

Post by peshehod »

Are you talking about this tournament? https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id=158660
Actually, it was not a tie. If you press that plus button on the upper right of the players score list, you'll see the column titled "Score difference".
That's cumulative of the difference between your score and opponent's in each game. For example, if you win 3:2, you got only 1 point (3-2=1). If you win 3:0, you got 3 points. When you lose, it also counts: losing 2:3 is better than 1:3.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”