[Solved] Builders Guild bug?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Vacilotto

[Solved] Builders Guild bug?

Post by Vacilotto »

Hello everyone, hope you're doing great.
I've just finished a game and noticed a small bug. According to the rule book, the Builders Guild will award points to the person with the most wonders. In this match, I've built all 4 and my opponent built 3 and had the guild. In the end, I was awarded 0 points for purple cards and my opponent received 14. Please refer to below image.

Rulebook text:
Builders Guild
At the end of the game, this card is worth 2 victory
points for each Wonder constructed in the city which
has the most wonders.
Please let me know if I'm missing something here.

Thanks and regards,
Vacilotto.
Last edited by Vacilotto on 13 August 2022, 00:22, edited 1 time in total.
Remkar

Re: Builders Guild bug?

Post by Remkar »

It is scoring appropriately.

The person who owns the guild gets the points, but the amount of points is determined by the city with the most wonders.

So, your city determined the value of the card, but it's still your opponent's card, and they get the points for it.

Does that make sense?
Vacilotto

Post by Vacilotto »

Remkar wrote: 13 August 2022, 00:07 It is scoring appropriately.

The person who owns the guild gets the points, but the amount of points is determined by the city with the most wonders.

So, your city determined the value of the card, but it's still your opponent's card, and they get the points for it.

Does that make sense?
Now that you said... it really makes sense, and me and my wife have been playing the game wrongly for almost one year. We always thought that the guild would award points to the city with more cards associated with the guild, the wording in portuguese is almost the same but it realy sounded to us like that. Thanks for correcting us, now we'll have a long talk where I'll listen a lot because she probably would have won a lot more games without this mistake.
Remkar

Post by Remkar »

Vacilotto wrote: 13 August 2022, 00:18 Thanks for correcting us, now we'll have a long talk where I'll listen a lot because she probably would have won a lot more games without this mistake.
Hahahaha!

I can definitely see how the wording can be a little confusing. Send my regards to your wife. ;)
michaelHastriter

Re: [Solved] Builders Guild bug?

Post by michaelHastriter »

The Guilds were always so confusing. Interesting scoring but hard to explain... and added more randomness with the variation of points. I am glad that guild cards are removed in the Pantheon expansion. Big fan of the temples!

Return to “7 Wonders Duel”