Difficult to press BGA buttons on iOS

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
torvaldur_makan

Difficult to press BGA buttons on iOS

Post by torvaldur_makan »

Quite often I play BGA on iOS, either Iphone or Ipad (using built-in Safari browser). Unfortunately I also quite often have difficult time getting BGA to register my touches on the screen and I have experienced this for as long as I've played on BGA. This goes for both board actions and the Confirm buttons etc.

- I can see the browser is registering my touch as it briefly lights up a box behind the button.
- Sometimes I have to press the screen 5-10 times before BGA registers my press.
- Even if I zoom in maximum on the button, it is the same issue, leading me to believe it is very picky when it comes to how long my touch is. It can be too long and not too short.
- It happens on both Iphone and Ipad.
- It does not happen on any other website.

I haven't heard or seen anyone else complain about this so I assume it's my fault. But I can't help but think that BGA have some kind of code that alters the standard behavior of how the browser handles buttons?

Do you guys have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here? Anyone else experienced this also?
Calypso88

Re: Difficult to press BGA buttons on iOS

Post by Calypso88 »

I also experience this. Same browser. I was noticing it a lot at one time so switched to playing on desktop. Now I just deal with it, since it seems localized to just a few games. I know Teotihuacan is one that is particularly bad in this regard.
fruktansvärt

Post by fruktansvärt »

Perhaps try using Chrome instead? And see if there's a difference?
I myself use Chrome on iOS.
el cosimo

Post by el cosimo »

No issues with safari here.. btw chrime
On iOS use the same engine..
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

Calypso88 wrote: 14 August 2022, 14:50 I also experience this. Same browser. I was noticing it a lot at one time so switched to playing on desktop. Now I just deal with it, since it seems localized to just a few games. I know Teotihuacan is one that is particularly bad in this regard.
I just skip all the games that don't play right on my iPad or iPhone and wait until I reach my computer. Some games, like carcassone, i love but have just given up on trying. They never work right on any of my apple devices and that is all I have/
Varianor

Post by Varianor »

I've experienced this problem. Turning the iPad or phone so you're looking at landscape view instead of portrait view often - but not always - improves the click to let the play register with the game.
nuttyturnip

Post by nuttyturnip »

If you have a Bluetooth mouse synced to your iOS device, it makes some of the unplayable stuff work again. With a mouse, you can hover the cursor over things like the cards in Seasons, and you can use the scroll wheel to zoom out on the playing field in Carcassonne.
MardukSlayter

Post by MardukSlayter »

I usually have played BGA on my Android phone or tablet, and recently noticed this same issue on my recently acquired iPad Pro. I keep bouncing between Safari and Chrome to see which has fewer issues. Longpress for tooltips is very inconsistent, and regular press registers are like described above. It really surprises me, considering how smoothly these have been on my other device. Also, I’ve noticed that I can’t get any drop-down menus to work in Safari when trying to set up a room.
JochenB1980

Post by JochenB1980 »

With for example 7 Wonders I just see info on a played card for a mili sec on my ipad when I tap it. Is probably a right click or hover over with mouse on PC.
Any way to fix this?
Phil81

Post by Phil81 »

I have the exact same issue using chrome on iOS. Some games are unfortunately more or less unplayable. Any help would be appreciated!

Return to “Discussions”