Difficult to press BGA buttons on iOS

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
arsenal412

Re: Difficult to press BGA buttons on iOS

Post by arsenal412 »

Yes, I see the same issue. Single taps seem to register as long presses. In games like 7WD and RFtG, it brings up the card details when I single tap, my intention was to select a card. I have found that doing a two finger tap gesture works. But, it’s highly annoying. This only happens on my iOS device, my android tablet works fine. Hope there’s some easy fix at some point as I would like to game simply from my iPhone.
muddypawprints

Post by muddypawprints »

Yes I have the same issues. IOS / Chrome. I also cannot get any tool tips to ever work on my phone or tablet, or if they do, they stay open and I can't get them to close again. Extremely frustrating. I've given up and just use my PC. I can't stand not having any sound on my IOS products with BGA anyway... :cry: I guess it has cut down on my playing time since I am not always in front of my PC.
slace

Post by slace »

I'm just going to throw my experience in here too.

For as long as I remember I've had issues with BGA games on iOS. I usually play on my computer, but this week I lost my internet connection. I switched to my iPhone to use cellular data. But I couldn't consistently click on anything. I was using Chrome, not sure there's a difference between that and Safari. (I know they both use WebKit for rendering but does that include Javascript?) I was trying to play Gizmos this time. I don't know if it is game-related or the underlying library (Dojo?). Oh, I tried landscape mode but it didn't seem to help.
North Abbot

Post by North Abbot »

I have same issue on Safari with iPhone/iPad. Hope BGA is aware of this issue.
GTSchemer

Post by GTSchemer »

Speaking as a developer, one problem we have is that there are a lot of iOS devices.

For example, even if I were able to spend $300 to buy an iPad, I would have to decide -- do I get a new 9th generation device? Do I find an old used iPad on eBay?

Different generations have different screen resolutions and may have different software version.

We would need to know the device model AND the Safari version to have a chance at reproducing problems.
Alexxandra1

Post by Alexxandra1 »

I almost always play BGA on my IPad and now and then on my IPhone.

I always had games, where selecting a card or a meeple does not work. One „old“ example is Viticulture, which is near to unplayable on my Ipad (using Safari) as it needs like hundred clicks to have the luck to be able to choose your meeple‘s position in the turn-order.

Unfortunately, I notice now more and more new games, where selecting or clicking things on the IPad gets close to impossible. Nicodemus is bad for example, Ancient knowledge is worse, or to be correct: absolutely unplayable, as it is impossible to select a card. And these are only two recent examples.

My workaround is usually, to try on the Iphone instead (as I have no desktop computer at hand when in a bus or on a train or whatever) which sometimes works, and sometimes does not. Sometimes it helps to skip from landscape to portrait and reload the page. Sometimes nothing works. In Viticulture and Ancient Knowledge I sometimes have to do part of the gameturn on the phone and part on the tablet.

this sucks. ☹️
GTSchemer

Post by GTSchemer »

We would need to know the iOS and Safari version and possibly the device model to know how to address it.

The newest version of Safari appears to introduce new bugs which are currently haunting developers.
nuttyturnip

Post by nuttyturnip »

For Ancient Knowledge, I’m using Safari on an IPad Pro 12.9 inch 4th generation, running iOS 17.1.2. I have a very hard time getting clicks to register on that game, even if I’m using a mouse.
PurpleOrchid

Post by PurpleOrchid »

I wish they would fix this as it is not an isolated problem. iPhone safari
Race for the galaxy is terrible for this to the point I take too long because sometimes it take 10 or more clicks and get kicked out of games. I would get the premium board game arena except what is the point if I can’t play on my phone or iPad?
terezayan

Post by terezayan »

Has been expelled recently because of this same issue! I thought it was because of my apple pen! :shock: Hope some fix will come soon

Return to “Discussions”