User Interface issues on Ipad

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
torvaldur_makan

User Interface issues on Ipad

Post by torvaldur_makan »

So I would think this game would be quite suitable to play on Ipad, given that the screen is reasonably large and the resolution is high, but unfortunately it is terrible. I will describe the main problems and potential solutions (which I think are easy ones too!).

Max width of window
The website design is made such that I cannot zoom out more than what the image below shows. (This is different from behavior in a desktop browser, where I can zoom out as much as I want.) What this means is, regardless of the size and resolution of the tablet, I cannot utilize the size and resolution.
In the screenshot, I have set the size of central and player boards to minimum.

Possible solutions
1. Allow me to zoom out indefinitely.
2. Allow me to make the central and player boards much smaller than what the current minimum setting allow.

Layout of player boards
The layout of player boards is inefficiently utilizing the screen, making it impossible to view all boards simultaneously, even though the size of the screen does allow it comfortably. It is also difficult do intuitively see the play order:
Changing the setting "Other player boards" doesn't change anything.

Possible solutions
1. Fix the floating of the boards so that they are displayed horizontally right after the player board, if there is room.
cowboy_dan

Re: User Interface issues on Ipad

Post by cowboy_dan »

I play on my ipad too, I think it’s optimized for portrait layout. Some games are better in landscape; this is not one of them.
torvaldur_makan

Post by torvaldur_makan »

cowboy_dan wrote: 13 August 2022, 21:30 I play on my ipad too, I think it’s optimized for portrait layout. Some games are better in landscape; this is not one of them.
I admit that it's slightly better in portrait, but it's certainly not optimized. I guess it is somewhat optimized for phones in portrait , which I think works quite good, but on Ipad, you really aren't getting more information on screen than on the phone, despite the screen being much larger.
SmilingDevil

Post by SmilingDevil »

Carcassonne is definitely not optimised in either direction, and worst thing, even if I resize to my liking, the settings seem to be lost once I switch tables, there has to be a game specific setting that gets saved, this has room to be improved for sure.

Return to “Agricola”