CRUSADERS: Thy Will Be Done

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

CRUSADERS: Thy Will Be Done

Post by sourisdudesert »

In the year 1119 AD, the Crusading Orders were formed to protect the thousands of pilgrims who were travelling to Jerusalem. The knights were closely tied to the Crusades, and they were considered to be some of most highly skilled fighting units of that time. The orders grew in wealth and power for almost 200 years until King Phillip IV of France had them persecuted and arrested for reasons that are discussed by historians to this day.

In Crusaders: Thy Will Be Done, a game from Seth Jaffee (Eminent Domain, Terra Prime), you are one leader of a Crusading Order. The game uses a combination of rondel and mancala mechanisms. Each player has their own rondel, which they can upgrade over the course of the game, that controls their action choices during the game. Your faction gives you a special power to control your rondel, and the buildings you erect will help you form a strategy.

Interested by this historical period or the game mechanics? Check out the game page here:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?ga ... willbedone

To learn how to play the game, the best is to use the wonderful tutorial that is already available :)

Move your knights, erect buildings, and go crusading to spread the influence of your Order! When the Orders get too strong, King Philip will become nervous and disband all Templar orders, ending the game.

This game adaptation is possible thanks to the authorization of the publisher Renegade Games Studios and help of the designer Seth Jaffee: thank you so much for making this possible!

We would also like to pay homage to the great knight of programming BaronFraser who did a great job developing this game on BGA. BaronFraser also developed the Automobiles adaptation on BGA, so it is a second great success!

"I was chosen because I was the bravest and the most worthy"

Take care and play well!
Twistedarcher

Re: CRUSADERS: Thy Will Be Done

Post by Twistedarcher »

This is such a well-done implementation of a very fun game. I'm excited to see it fully released!
sedjtroll

Post by sedjtroll »

The new publisher for Crusaders is Renegade Game Studios, and they just debuted the Divine Influence expansion at GenCon!

Divine Influence is the long awaited expansion that was printed 3 years ago but had been sitting at the manufacturer ever since. I'm glad to see it out in the world finally! And it's included in this BGA implementation as well.

One more thing that's included here on BGA is a 5/6 player expansion that is not even printed yet, but is expected from Renegade maybe next year!

I hope everyone enjoys playing Crusaders!
Een

Post by Een »

sedjtroll wrote: 15 August 2022, 14:33 The new publisher for Crusaders is Renegade Game Studios, and they just debuted the Divine Influence expansion at GenCon!

Divine Influence is the long awaited expansion that was printed 3 years ago but had been sitting at the manufacturer ever since. I'm glad to see it out in the world finally! And it's included in this BGA implementation as well.

One more thing that's included here on BGA is a 5/6 player expansion that is not even printed yet, but is expected from Renegade maybe next year!

I hope everyone enjoys playing Crusaders!
Thanks for providing this extra informations Seth! I have updated the publisher details in the announcement.
Wentu

Post by Wentu »

Great adaptation indeed! Thank you for your efforts!
ziton

Post by ziton »

Ned looks pregnant :D
Shobu

Post by Shobu »

Saw the dev made quite a lot of effort for this implementation, was waiting that "final" release to try it :)
DaddyKiki69

Post by DaddyKiki69 »

Great game!
Goldenaxe

Post by Goldenaxe »

I had never heard of this, but it is surprisingly good and well implemented here too
Echodonut

Post by Echodonut »

I tried out the tutorial, and I really like the game mechanics! I can't get over my dislike of the theme though, so will give it a pass.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”