no solo mode

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
biggestestest

no solo mode

Post by biggestestest »

no solo mode :(
T72on1

Re: no solo mode

Post by T72on1 »

Why do people so often look at what they don't have, instead of being happy with what they do have?

The implementation is top notch, and must have taken a lot of time and effort from the developpers. Adding solo mode would add a lot more, I reckon, with all the flowchart decisions from the automa.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

This was discussed with publisher and BGA and the conclusion was that it was not high priority at all.
The main reason is that it's not a real solo mode, rather a kind of IA (since you can play against several automas, even if you are more than 1 real player), and BGA is not very keen on IA in general. Also, it's probably a quite big piece of work for the advanced and expert version of automa, and I rather work on the expansion than on the automa for instance.
UnusualMeerkat

Post by UnusualMeerkat »

Tisaac wrote: 18 August 2022, 09:53 The main reason is that it's not a real solo mode, rather a kind of IA
Just curious, what does IA mean in terms of (board) gaming or did you rather mean AI (which I doubt as you mentioned IA a few times)?
Thank you!
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

UnusualMeerkat wrote: 18 August 2022, 11:41
Tisaac wrote: 18 August 2022, 09:53 The main reason is that it's not a real solo mode, rather a kind of IA
Just curious, what does IA mean in terms of (board) gaming or did you rather mean AI (which I doubt as you mentioned IA a few times)?
Thank you!
Sorry IA is the french acronym for AI so i tend to get confused ^^
biggestestest

Post by biggestestest »

T72on1 wrote: 18 August 2022, 08:24 Why do people so often look at what they don't have, instead of being happy with what they do have?

The implementation is top notch, and must have taken a lot of time and effort from the developpers. Adding solo mode would add a lot more, I reckon, with all the flowchart decisions from the automa.
gives people a chance to learn the game and not feel like they are bothering people if they take a 10 min turn. And people can play it while they work and have a chance to go at their own pace. love the game.. also, you cant always find a game open when you want to play
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

biggestestest wrote: 24 August 2022, 15:42
T72on1 wrote: 18 August 2022, 08:24 Why do people so often look at what they don't have, instead of being happy with what they do have?

gives people a chance to learn the game and not feel like they are bothering people if they take a 10 min turn. And people can play it while they work and have a chance to go at their own pace. love the game.. also, you cant always find a game open when you want to play
Isn't all of that what turn-based is for?
Devanray

Post by Devanray »

biggestestest wrote: 24 August 2022, 15:42

Understood, it is nice to be able to have a mode of play that allows you to take turn after turn to discover the game.

One way I do this is by creating a game and then inviting a friend. The bottom of the friend list has hot-seat as an option. You now have a game where you are playing multiple players. This is also a fun way to try different strategies against each other.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

biggestestest wrote: 18 August 2022, 00:36 no solo mode :(
Now implemented, enjoy ;)
UnusualMeerkat

Post by UnusualMeerkat »

Tisaac wrote: 16 September 2022, 14:40
biggestestest wrote: 18 August 2022, 00:36 no solo mode :(
Now implemented, enjoy ;)
Well done, Tisaac! I've already mentioned it somewhere, but must say it again that implementing Barrage Automa's logic is a beast in its own, not mentioning the rule bending UI elements, such as placing multiple workers in a single cell or even without a cell at all!

Return to “Barrage”