Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
RicardoRix

Re: WARNING: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban

Post by RicardoRix »

xate wrote: 26 September 2022, 09:29
Gooorn wrote: 25 September 2022, 22:02 The Moderation page (first message after moderation) should be more clear and informative.
In my case it was more confusing with mixed english and hungarian sentences. I got -3 karma penalty but (as i could not play) i thought i was banned. My appeal escalated quickly and i got 60 days penalty with even more confusing message with empty date-strings so i didn't even know when my penalty begins and when ends.

PS. Instead of "accept and agree moderation" thick-box, a simple "accept" would be better both for our ego and your patience.
Please remember that the Forums are not the proper place to discuss specific moderations and appeals.
He isn't talking about his specific moderation, just how the moderation worked in general.

I think it's widely agreed upon that the moderation page is not very good. If you don't know why you're being moderated, then how can you change your behaviour?

If people's follow up emails and further discussion about a moderation are going to be ignored. Then shouldn't it be clearer that the case is closed and BGA have nothing more to say on the subject? It seems like a lot of wasted time from all parties.

BGG have a similar stance on talking about moderations in the forum. But they have created a specific forum where users can continue complaining, others may chime in, but it's known that BGG will in no way respond. It lets people vent a bit, and maybe learn something from others.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/271559 ... moderation

You only have to look through the subject titles to understand that there is a whole lot of, what the heck happened here? mis-understandings.
https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/5/bgg/c ... department
Special_Snowflake

Post by Special_Snowflake »

IM_CAT wrote: 17 September 2022, 18:54 I believe out of respect to the player, BGA should email an update after 24-48 hours informing the player the status.
It's quite clear that there is little respect for the players. They ignore all appeals and questions unless they can cherrypick a statement that suits them and dance around the others (see earlier post).
Silene

Post by Silene »

Special_Snowflake wrote: 26 September 2022, 18:27 It's quite clear that there is little respect for the players.
I think unfair statements like this make it hard for reasonable objections to get a proper response. It would be great if people could stick to what's happening instead of presenting their interpretation of other person's motivation as facts.
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
Special_Snowflake

Silene wrote: 26 September 2022, 18:41
Special_Snowflake wrote: 26 September 2022, 18:27 It's quite clear that there is little respect for the players.
I think unfair statements like this make it hard for reasonable objections to get a proper response.
Does it? I believe this is in fact the crux of the issue.

Just read all the posts: moderated players are assumed guilty (apparently only the type of punishment can be incorrect), we won't bother answering appeals, most of the time moderated players can't be reasoned with, criticism will not be tolerated.

A different stance would already solve many issues.
Gooorn

Post by Gooorn »

xate wrote: 26 September 2022, 09:29
Gooorn wrote: 25 September 2022, 22:02 The Moderation page (first message after moderation) should be more clear and informative.
In my case it was more confusing with mixed english and hungarian sentences. I got -3 karma penalty but (as i could not play) i thought i was banned. My appeal escalated quickly and i got 60 days penalty with even more confusing message with empty date-strings so i didn't even know when my penalty begins and when ends.

PS. Instead of "accept and agree moderation" thick-box, a simple "accept" would be better both for our ego and your patience.
Please remember that the Forums are not the proper place to discuss specific moderations and appeals. You have been warned about this several times, ex here: https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... 69#p114869 Where you were also corrected for false claims about the moderations on your account. Here you are again making a false claim, you did not receive a 60 day penalty, but a 30 day one, in accordance with our Moderation policy for "Insulting moderators, BGA team members or BGA as a whole" in the Forum.

If the Moderation Screen for Hungarian (or any language) is unclear or not displaying properly, this is something we would like to fix. Please provide us with a screenshot and explanation of the confusing formatting or errors.
For Translation errors, most BGA members can suggest translation edits using the Translation area of the Community section. Our translations are crowd sourced and we rely on and are very grateful for active BGA users who help us make the translations as good as possible.
I dont't understand this offensive response. I really wanted to help.
I only mentioned my case as example that more clear and informative communication would give you less job, and would give us less anger (rather disappointment in my case).
Special_Snowflake

Gooorn wrote: 27 September 2022, 19:59 I dont't understand this offensive response. I really wanted to help.
I only mentioned my case as example that more clear and informative communication would give you less job, and would give us less anger (rather disappointment in my case).
As I said: they found one specific case to pounce on (totally beside the point of the thread or even the post itself), and ignore all other issues raised so far.
voriki

Post by voriki »

xate wrote: 26 September 2022, 09:29 Please remember that the Forums are not the proper place to discuss specific moderations and appeals.
Then what is?

BGA is actively refusing to explain my moderation. I was moderated now what must have been over 3 months ago, and to this day I don't know why! I have sent dozens of mails!

What kind of disrespect is this? BGA made a mistake in moderating is and is afraid to fess up?
Special_Snowflake

*moderated
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Play 10 games before a new user account can post to the forums?
PerfectPlayer

Post by PerfectPlayer »

RicardoRix wrote: 30 September 2022, 00:17 Play 10 games before a new user account can post to the forums?
Yes, that is the real issue here. :roll:

Return to “Discussions”