WARNING: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
IM_CAT

Re: WARNING: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban

Post by IM_CAT »

I understand that players should not insult or challenge a moderator on the forum, but what I want to know, how long should a player wait to get a response after the player submits an appeal? When should the player follow-up when there is no response from BGA? I believe out of respect to the player, BGA should email an update after 24-48 hours informing the player the status.
ExpendableEnsign

Post by ExpendableEnsign »

*Moderator edit: Post removed and player moderated
DontBan

Post by DontBan »

ExpendableEnsign wrote: 18 September 2022, 06:48 *Moderator edit: Post removed and player moderated
I saw this post before it was removed and again, there was nothing insulting in it. Factual criticism yes, but the truth can hurt.

Ironically, the moderators have proved this poster's point yet again. The fact he got globally banned for a month without warning for this post is completely unacceptable. This needs to stop.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

DontBan wrote: 19 September 2022, 11:56
ExpendableEnsign wrote: 18 September 2022, 06:48 *Moderator edit: Post removed and player moderated
I saw this post before it was removed and again, there was nothing insulting in it. Factual criticism yes, but the truth can hurt.

Ironically, the moderators have proved this poster's point yet again. The fact he got globally banned for a month without warning for this post is completely unacceptable. This needs to stop.
Very hard to trust someone whose account was created 2 weeks ago on this kind of topic.
DontBan

Post by DontBan »

Tisaac wrote: 19 September 2022, 12:14 Very hard to trust someone whose account was created 2 weeks ago on this kind of topic.
*Moderator edit: post is being deleted and player moderated
BannedForInsults

Post by BannedForInsults »

DontBan wrote: 19 September 2022, 15:52
Tisaac wrote: 19 September 2022, 12:14 Very hard to trust someone whose account was created 2 weeks ago on this kind of topic.
*Moderator edit: post is being deleted and player moderated
I am shocked by this completely predictable development. It seems they are really going all-in to prove the people in this thread right.

I've PM'ed you the "insulting" post in case you hadn't read it.
Gooorn

Post by Gooorn »

The Moderation page (first message after moderation) should be more clear and informative.
In my case it was more confusing with mixed english and hungarian sentences. I got -3 karma penalty but (as i could not play) i thought i was banned. My appeal escalated quickly and i got 60 days penalty with even more confusing message with empty date-strings so i didn't even know when my penalty begins and when ends.

PS. Instead of "accept and agree moderation" thick-box, a simple "accept" would be better both for our ego and your patience.
Silene

Post by Silene »

Gooorn wrote: 25 September 2022, 22:02 PS. Instead of "accept and agree moderation" thick-box, a simple "accept" would be better both for our ego and your patience.
Or maybe "got it" or "I understand" might be a good solution.
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
voriki

Post by voriki »

Silene wrote: 25 September 2022, 22:25
Gooorn wrote: 25 September 2022, 22:02 PS. Instead of "accept and agree moderation" thick-box, a simple "accept" would be better both for our ego and your patience.
Or maybe "got it" or "I understand" might be a good solution.
My last moderation (which I mentioned at the start of this thread) I couldn't aven "get it" or "understand" as to this day BGA refuses to inform me what my infraction was. I continue sending kind reminders by mail.
xate

Post by xate »

Gooorn wrote: 25 September 2022, 22:02 The Moderation page (first message after moderation) should be more clear and informative.
In my case it was more confusing with mixed english and hungarian sentences. I got -3 karma penalty but (as i could not play) i thought i was banned. My appeal escalated quickly and i got 60 days penalty with even more confusing message with empty date-strings so i didn't even know when my penalty begins and when ends.

PS. Instead of "accept and agree moderation" thick-box, a simple "accept" would be better both for our ego and your patience.
Please remember that the Forums are not the proper place to discuss specific moderations and appeals. You have been warned about this several times, ex here: https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... 69#p114869 Where you were also corrected for false claims about the moderations on your account. Here you are again making a false claim, you did not receive a 60 day penalty, but a 30 day one, in accordance with our Moderation policy for "Insulting moderators, BGA team members or BGA as a whole" in the Forum.

If the Moderation Screen for Hungarian (or any language) is unclear or not displaying properly, this is something we would like to fix. Please provide us with a screenshot and explanation of the confusing formatting or errors.
For Translation errors, most BGA members can suggest translation edits using the Translation area of the Community section. Our translations are crowd sourced and we rely on and are very grateful for active BGA users who help us make the translations as good as possible.

Return to “Discussions”