WARNING: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Col Rosenberg

Re: WARNING: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban

Post by Col Rosenberg »

Sometimes you just got to let it ride. You're hitting your head against a Brick Wall. Even if You're 100% correct...Moderators aren't going to come out and lose face.
lucy williams

Post by lucy williams »

voriki wrote: 29 December 2022, 06:32 There is a difference if BGA would do this to a standard account, as they provide a free service, they have every right to withdraw said free service by exclaiming "don't like it, you're free to go elsewhere".

However when it comes to premium accounts, the accountability changes. Yes, BGA is merely offering their site as a portal for games and is not acountable for any bugs, but a form of customer support to their own internal site rules is the least one could expect. The fact that a person pre-pays a whole year, and is unable to withdraw their own subscription and obtain a refund leads to a situation that their customer in question can't take their business elsewhere without taking a financial loss.
What you are missing is that the price of the premium membership price is not a price that a "commercial" business that would charge. A commercial business that was paying for a team of professional customer support people to argue with any very argumentative and aggrieved customers would have to charge a lot lot more. It is a "community website" price, and none of that money goes towards the moderators on the forums who are volunteers who only commit to spend a small amount of time on moderating each week.

If you were just a one-off case, then no doubt one of the moderators would have that conversation with you, but if you read the original post on this thread, then you will see that they are getting so many many cases raised, and the volunteer moderators are struggling. It is not a perfect situation I do appreciate, and I know it is frustrating, but you also have to try to look at the opposite point of view. It is only a 10 day ban from a forum....not that big a deal...the world has not ended.
voriki

Post by voriki »

Happy new year BGA

Look, I know I said I would post an entirely new thread, but I am giving you yet another chance to either quote to me what the reason was for my moderation, or to apologise for the error that has occured.

Please do not let it come to the point where I have to open new threads to challenge my moderation.
AshleyShea

Post by AshleyShea »

Moderators? Any help here?

AshleyShea wrote: 28 December 2022, 21:23 I have a problem related to moderation, but I think it’s a site bug. Twice now I have had my IP address blocked for no reason. I don’t receive an email explaining what happened and the URL is the site URL, so I can’t follow the proper channels of contesting the moderation.

This has happened twice when I couldn’t get the site to load properly. I hit the back button and get this message that my IP address is being blocked because of a violation of terms of use. You can check my account. I have a 100% rating.

The first time it happened, I checked with my internet provider to make sure someone wasn’t using my internet service. They couldn’t find any issues, but they upgraded my firmware, which changed my IP address. This time I’m using a friend’s internet access to get in to send this message.

I hope someone can look into this and send a message to my email address to let me know the cause of moderation if this is not a technical glitch.

Thanks!
voriki alt

Post by voriki alt »

FINAL MESSAGE

Posting from my alt account as finally BGA has spoken, and banned my main account for 10 days.
BGA has chosen to evade any response.

BGA has chosen to ban me for challenging a non-existing moderation. It's their rule to ban 10 days for a moderation, fine, I understand the rule.
But if my moderation is existant, then I need a reason why the moderation occured. Since there is no reason, the moderation is non-existant and BGA is in breach of their own rules.

I had always remained respectful, but firm. I had always kept the door open for dialogue. But BGA has shown that they only like the power(and money, since they're limiting the service to my premium account). And BGA is unable to show me where I have been in breach of their rules that would allow this kind of final action. BGA has shut the door on me, and has lost all respect that way.

And to say it only started with a simple inquiry what I ever said wrong that caused a guilty verdict. GUILTY, a very heavy word to bear. A very threatening word. And I feel a victim.
xate

Post by xate »

The reason for this moderation was explained and is fully compliant with our moderation policy.

The new account has also been banned for violating our Terms of Service. You are not allowed to create a new account to avoid the penalties of a moderation.
xate

Post by xate »

AshleyShea wrote: 01 January 2023, 03:47 Moderators? Any help here?

AshleyShea wrote: 28 December 2022, 21:23 I have a problem related to moderation, but I think it’s a site bug. Twice now I have had my IP address blocked for no reason. I don’t receive an email explaining what happened and the URL is the site URL, so I can’t follow the proper channels of contesting the moderation.

This has happened twice when I couldn’t get the site to load properly. I hit the back button and get this message that my IP address is being blocked because of a violation of terms of use. You can check my account. I have a 100% rating.

The first time it happened, I checked with my internet provider to make sure someone wasn’t using my internet service. They couldn’t find any issues, but they upgraded my firmware, which changed my IP address. This time I’m using a friend’s internet access to get in to send this message.

I hope someone can look into this and send a message to my email address to let me know the cause of moderation if this is not a technical glitch.

Thanks!
There is no moderation against you. You should contact Support for assistance. https://boardgamearena.com/support
AshleyShea

Post by AshleyShea »

Thanks, Xate. What area of support should I go to? I’ve poked through there and couldn’t find anything that applied.
xate

Post by xate »

AshleyShea wrote: 05 January 2023, 04:27 Thanks, Xate. What area of support should I go to? I’ve poked through there and couldn’t find anything that applied.
I would think "my account" - "account information" - "my problem has not been solved" would be appropriate for your concern.
AshleyShea

Post by AshleyShea »

xate wrote: 05 January 2023, 10:36
AshleyShea wrote: 05 January 2023, 04:27 Thanks, Xate. What area of support should I go to? I’ve poked through there and couldn’t find anything that applied.
I would think "my account" - "account information" - "my problem has not been solved" would be appropriate for your concern.
That worked. Thanks!

Return to “Discussions”