How do omniscient exploits work?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
NoelfromNY

How do omniscient exploits work?

Post by NoelfromNY »

The rulebook says:
Gain 2 VP for each die face that shows the VP Symbol on your dice.

Note: A die face shows the VP Symbol if the VP symbol appears on it.

This is obvious at face value. 3 faces have vp symbol, you get an extra 6 points. But when, and why does it sometimes say "exploits" with a much higher number of bonus points? I've seen as many as 22 extra points instead of the expected 10 or 12.
NoelfromNY

Re: How do omniscient exploits work?

Post by NoelfromNY »

So nobody knows?
vincentt

Post by vincentt »

Hi,
because you can some sides exist multiple times. Do you have a game in particular?

Cheers
NoelfromNY

Post by NoelfromNY »

A person I played took omniscient and just got 14 pts. The only vp face on his dice is the original starting two point one. BUT! I just realized he gets credit for every time he activated the elder.

At the same time, in another game I did not have any elder. I too only had the original starting two point vp face. Yet I received 14 pts as well. The only thing I can think of is that I chose both, mists. Is that what triggered it? This is so confusing and doesn't match the printed rules at all.
MoiMagnus

Post by MoiMagnus »

NoelfromNY wrote: 22 August 2022, 23:36 A person I played took omniscient and just got 14 pts. The only vp face on his dice is the original starting two point one. BUT! I just realized he gets credit for every time he activated the elder.

At the same time, in another game I did not have any elder. I too only had the original starting two point vp face. Yet I received 14 pts as well. The only thing I can think of is that I chose both, mists. Is that what triggered it? This is so confusing and doesn't match the printed rules at all.
Can you include a link to the replay (or at least the table id number) of at least one game where such thing happen?
Otherwise, the only thing we can say is "you probably didn't look at the dice right and there was more VP faces" or "there might be a bug but we don't know what the bug is since nobody ever properly reported such a bug" so it's not very helpful.

(You might also want to create a bug report)
drsteelhammer

Post by drsteelhammer »

My guess is: There is another 4 red cost card that gives 2VP per distinct card bought, whose icon looks very similar that usually scores higher. Maybe you confused them?
vincentt

Post by vincentt »

Aren't you confusing the Omniscient which scores the number of die face with a VP Symbol, with the GoldSmith that gives 2 points per exploit done?
NoelfromNY

Post by NoelfromNY »

OMG this must be it. I mixed the two together and was wondering why it was changing!!! Thank you!

Return to “Dice Forge”