Abandon Games

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
marknibb

Abandon Games

Post by marknibb »

Has anyone else experienced players who when game is completely lost - just 1 card left to play by all players, who just abandon's games? I had this happen this morning (8/18/22) and it appears there is no record of the game.
THE B0SS

Re: Abandon Games

Post by THE B0SS »

Sometimes I think it takes time for it to register. I feel they need to have a computer bot finish games that are abandoned. They are smart enough to take away points from the one that abandons while allowing the other players to finish the game with a computer bot. For me I usually play on ** and rarely play on here for that reason. I think it is fine if people go because most ppl have a real life and just come on for a quick break not a lifetime commitment to a game.
Last edited by THE B0SS on 24 August 2022, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
marknibb

Post by marknibb »

I went back and checked about an hour after the game - and it was still "active" and one of our opponents were over an hour in the "red". I went back into the game, and "quit" again and this time the game closed down correctly.
LDB62

Post by LDB62 »

Unfortunately, I too have experienced this same situation ***** and then left the game before the last card was played so he could invalidate the results. It has also happened in other games. Players disappear during KOT more often that I care to mention. I appealed to BGA on a similar issue, but they seem unable to find a way to rectify the true results.

*Moderator edit: please do not use the Forums to call players out, this is what the Moderation Reports are for. The Forums should remain a general discussion.
Cruella-Devil

Post by Cruella-Devil »

On which account do you RARELY play?
Rebexus

Post by Rebexus »

marknibb wrote: 20 August 2022, 15:53 Has anyone else experienced players who when game is completely lost - just 1 card left to play by all players, who just abandon's games? I had this happen this morning (8/18/22) and it appears there is no record of the game.
I had this happen this week. Player quit the game with 2 or three seconds to go until scoring. I said in chat it was "poor poor game play" and I was moderated on my chat.
How can this be? Their behaviour is appalling and yet I am the one moderated?

I had ths once before with the same situation (conceded game with seconds to go) and I commented that "This is such a poor action looking like a sore loser" and again I was moderated. Does this mean we cannot say even a single word to players with terrible behaviour or WE get malicious action against us?

Return to “Spades”