Agree or Disagree ; Just Pantheon without Ra is peak 7WD.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
silentProtest

Re: Agree or Disagree ; Just Pantheon without Ra is peak 7WD.

Post by silentProtest »

Pistol Star wrote: 03 September 2022, 09:57 Anyways...

The highest ranked players disagree so I guess it's clear that higher ranked players will know better than lower ranked players :)
maybe I missed the meaning in pistol star's post, but I do agree with tsearm (if I worded that weirly, somehow..)
Pistol Star

Post by Pistol Star »

silentProtest wrote: 05 September 2022, 18:18
Pistol Star wrote: 03 September 2022, 09:57 Anyways...

The highest ranked players disagree so I guess it's clear that higher ranked players will know better than lower ranked players :)
maybe I missed the meaning in pistol star's post, but I do agree with tsearm (if I worded that weirly, somehow..)
I just meant that all the top agora+pantheon/pantheon players disagree on op's "Just Pantheon without Ra is peak 7WD" and all the disagreements come from way weaker agora+pantheon/pantheon players, so I think it is very logical that just pantheon without ra is not the peak 7WD format.
PauloHBiologist

Post by PauloHBiologist »

I agree with you my friend. However, Its part of the game. 7wd is not a perfect duel. There are others unbalaced situations that we cant avoid and thats part of the show.
Pistolero

Post by Pistolero »

Ra and extortion should be removed from the game.

The card are unbalanced, first, and second, they trigger frustrating feelings that should not be part of this game
Shield For Your Eyes

Post by Shield For Your Eyes »

(funkdoc on alt here)

i disagree but for a different reason: i hate the science strategy in this game, and science is at its strongest in Pantheon-only.

Committing to green just involves so few decisions a lot of the time: you buy the green cards and discard everything else, and that's most of what you need to know. One of the most boring things i've ever experienced in a board game!

This is why i much prefer Agora, as it represents a massive nerf to science by creating so many other threats for the green player. Politics is overpowered, yes, but playing politics involves far more strategy than playing for science so i consider that a huge win. Agora also transforms Neptune from a chump into a monster on the same level as Ra (i will die on this hill), and i feel like having two gods that broken is healthier for the game than just one.

Agora+Pantheon does make science more worthwhile than in Agora-only, but the gods add enough other cool stuff to the game that i'm OK with that tradeoff. =)
Terryfic

Post by Terryfic »

I agree that the game is fantastic. If you get the card to remove a card from a completed building, then you can use RA. Agora does give you the opportunity to steal two incomplete buildings from your opponent.
CSAZUL

Post by CSAZUL »

I agree. I don't like having the wonders stolen (ra or conspiracy). I will do the following, I will create a new ra and conspiracy letter (fan letters) and I will make it available on the link where there is a fan expansion. I already have the new idea for these cards and I'm going to make the art. as soon as I finish I put the link here if it is allowed by the site.

Return to “7 Wonders Duel”