Hardest puzzles u ever made/ encountered?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
nccc

Hardest puzzles u ever made/ encountered?

Post by nccc »

I'm bad at this game lol.
I took over 10 mins to solve this puzzle.
https://snipboard.io/o6v2U0.jpg
Tof63

Re: Hardest puzzles u ever made/ encountered?

Post by Tof63 »

It gets easier with a little practice :)
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

Yeah nccc, your puzzle look easy.
You got sixies at the bottom we got one solution. The 4s on the top which got one solution. 5s in the bottom left have one solution. 5/9/5/9 are easy to do with those. And the remaining ones can be done easily.

Here is mine: https://www.zupimages.net/up/22/36/u118.jpg . Others players pass 50+ min on it and didn't find it.
You want to start... By the 1 on the right which look obviously a square. You then for the 3 yellow can either add a wall nearby, or an /, which is already annoying. You could put a \ under the 17 to make it synergise with the wall of the 3, but it's a trap.
You can maybe find the 10 on the bottom part, but that mean you would break one line of 10 in purpose. Same in the top.

I assumed it was doable with some thinking, but apparently, at least it was very hard.

I think the main problem is that assuming the 10s are good (which is false), you are left with two 10s solo on the left, and want to regroup them by putting /\ in the 4th column (which is empty). So starting there lead to no where, and it's the most likely start...
And if you manage to think that hypothesis is wrong, then you need to understand the wrong line or column which is false, since it doesn't seem there is a good it for this. You can do the 15 yellow in the bottom and the 4 yellows on the right, but you are still left with 8 obstacles remaining.
And that's assuming you do the two 10s on the left in last.
nccc

Post by nccc »

nice tips! ty!
:)
Tof63

Post by Tof63 »

Nice puzzles Romain and ASTM !
It would be nice if players could submit puzzles to other for the solo game.
Dont you think ?
ASTM

Post by ASTM »

Sorry for the late reply, I think it would be a good idea!
ma2kiyo

Post by ma2kiyo »

That sounds a very good idea!
I'm still not good at solving puzzles made by others, and I play solo mode a lot, so I would be very happy if that comes true.
Tof63

Post by Tof63 »

At the moment you can also play with a game mode where the grids are generated randomly and not by the players.

Solo challenges will coming soon ... maybe next week.

Return to “Reflection”