Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Future BGA Lobby: we need testers

Post by sourisdudesert »

Dear players,

During the last year, you saw many new things on BGA: new top right personal panel, new "friends" panel, new search bar, new games list page, new game page, ...

One of the next things we will need to improve is the lobby, ie the "Play Now" section, where you meet other players. We want to make it more intuitive and easier to use, while keeping all of its possibilities.

This is an essential piece of BGA, and this is why we need YOU.

If ...
  • ... you want to help BGA to improve
  • ... you want to see the updates before anyone else can see them
  • ... you speak English or French fluently, and not afraid of an audio call with us
... then it is simple: all you have to do is Join this group.

Tests will start between September 15th and October 15th.

Thanks a lot!
cigma

Re: Future BGA Lobby: we need testers

Post by cigma »

Good idea to have a community test before implementing it.
Thank you!
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
megamau

Post by megamau »

One thing sorely missing is the possibility to look for more than one type of game at the same time.
Yes, you can put different requests out at the same time, but when you finally play one game, all the open tables are closed and you have to start from scratch.
It would be good if they are just "frozen" till the game is over.
MrBeardy

Post by MrBeardy »

While I hear what you're saying your suggestion also creates a lot of junk tables that clutter the place and make it harder for proper to get a game in a timely fashion. The current system is the lesser of the two evils imo.

I think the current lobby generally works well. There are a few things I might want to tweak or rather slow more user customisation of, but for the most part it's ok.

The main improvement I would suggest would be to add the option to discuss/ open chat in both the table lobby next to the join/quit buttons and also on the start game accept/decline screen to make it easier to ask someone who's not accepted if they're still there without having to first quit back to the lobby.
Yorgad

Post by Yorgad »

I wish there's an option to group open tables by games in the main lobby, currently it is ordered by time of creation (the newly created tables appear on top, shifting the older one to the bottom). Having lot's of game as favourite leads to a restless avalanche of new tables, and more often than not, I accidentally join the wrong table sinceI was not quick enough to click before the whole list has shift down already.

Cheers,
Y.
FSKFSK

Post by FSKFSK »

My #1 requested feature: Make it easy to queue for arena and regular mode at the same time. I know that you can do it by opening two browser tabs. It should be explicitly supported. Just add a checkbox for "I want to play arena" on the regular play now page.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

... and here we go for the first test session!

Instructions on the group newsfeed.
AlbusMalum

Post by AlbusMalum »

No! Don't do this! Now, I will never have enjoying long threads to read about the problems of a new update and why BGA should fix it. :)
Cheery Dog

Post by Cheery Dog »

I think I'm likely to end up missing my chance at testing, I'm away half of the remaining time frame for when you've given the chance at doing the tests.

The only thing I really want to see is a loading time increase, which would be best done by being able to hide away games I've tried and didn't like, some of them I actually don't know how to play, so dislike them being in "other games you know".
voriki

Post by voriki »

Cheery Dog wrote: 01 October 2022, 14:02 The only thing I really want to see is a loading time increase
An increase? O.o

Return to “Discussions”