Fix the Game Spoiling the Owners of Special Cards

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
DudeLoverArtem

Fix the Game Spoiling the Owners of Special Cards

Post by DudeLoverArtem »

After everyone makes their choice about leaving or staying on the ship, the game asks the players who have special cards whether they want to use them or not. It specifically shows an hourglass symbol near those players so it spoils that they can do something funky. This is not how the game should work. I suggest everyone is given a choice "do you want to play a special card" (the players who have no such cards just press a button to confirm it) so as to not show who specifically has a possible grapling hook or a jetpack
TearsOfJupiter

Re: Fix the Game Spoiling the Owners of Special Cards

Post by TearsOfJupiter »

I agree. Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization, for instance, still requires you to "pass" on a colony even when it's not possible for you to make a higher bid in order to not give away whether or not you have the necessary military cards to bid on the colony.
Shaq Jenkins

Re: Fix the Game Spoiling the Owners of Special Cards

Post by Shaq Jenkins »

I completely agree. Each player used to be asked if they wanted to play a card, but people complained that it slowed the game down so the developers changed it. It's a press your luck game with secret cards, and seeing only some players get the hourglass means that they have special cards, which ruins the secret nature of the game.

Slightly off topic but this game is so much fun to play in person.

Return to “Celestia”