Incorrect text on some cards?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Dexterward

Incorrect text on some cards?

Post by Dexterward »

There are 6 bird power texts where there is a text similar to this one:
Steal 1 wild from another player's supply and add it to your own supply. They gain 1 food from the birdfeeder.
Should'nt be:
Steal 1 wild from another player's supply and add it to your own supply. Then gain 1 food from the birdfeeder.
Thanks!
robinzig

Re: Incorrect text on some cards?

Post by robinzig »

Dexterward wrote: 14 September 2022, 08:36 There are 6 bird power texts where there is a text similar to this one:
Steal 1 wild from another player's supply and add it to your own supply. They gain 1 food from the birdfeeder.
Should'nt be:
Steal 1 wild from another player's supply and add it to your own supply. Then gain 1 food from the birdfeeder.
Thanks!
I don't think this is wrong - unless someone can check the card text from the physical game. The text with "they" makes sense to me - you take one of another player's foods, but they don't just lose it, they get a replacement (with one they choose from the birdfeeder - which could even be one they want more!). Wingspan isn't the kind of game where there's supposed to be ways to directly attack another players, the interaction - as in the top version of the card text - is more like "I get to benefit too from something good you do for yourself@.
JoeAubrey

Post by JoeAubrey »

Just to confirm. "They gain" is correct.
Dexterward

Post by Dexterward »

Ok, thanks!
Madlaine

Post by Madlaine »

I don't know where to post translation mistakes ?

On the french version of the American Oystercatcher, it is said to draw 4 cards from the deck ("sur le sommet de la pioche"), which is incorrect since the game let you draw from wherever you like.

Should this be posted in the bug section ?
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

Madlaine wrote: 16 October 2022, 21:03 I don't know where to post translation mistakes ?

On the french version of the American Oystercatcher, it is said to draw 4 cards from the deck ("sur le sommet de la pioche"), which is incorrect since the game let you draw from wherever you like.

Should this be posted in the bug section ?
By "the game" are you referring to the BGA adaptation or the physical board game? In the Appendix to the physical board game it clarifies for the American Oystercatcher that the draw is "from the deck." So if the BGA adaption is allowing a draw from face up cards that is a bug, but it isn't an error on the card.
Madlaine

Post by Madlaine »

This need to be checked, i felt like i could have drawn from the open cards but i did not because they were bad. It was also the first time i ever played the Oystercatcher, don't feel it will happen again soon...
paramesis

Post by paramesis »

American Oystercatcher is implemented in accordance with official rulings from the publisher. If there is a discrepancy between the literal reading of the card (which doesn't specify that cards must come from the deck) and the appendix entry, the card governs.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/244996 ... 7#35131047
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

paramesis wrote: 17 October 2022, 03:02 American Oystercatcher is implemented in accordance with official rulings from the publisher. If there is a discrepancy between the literal reading of the card (which doesn't specify that cards must come from the deck) and the appendix entry, the card governs.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/244996 ... 7#35131047
So there is an error on the card in the BGA adaptation?
paramesis

Post by paramesis »

Meeplelowda wrote: 17 October 2022, 03:35 So there is an error on the card in the BGA adaptation?
Yes, the French translation is incorrect because it is adding information that was not in the base English string.

Return to “Wingspan”