Try games alone before playing them with others

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
CaperuAzul

Re: Try games alone before playing them with others

Post by CaperuAzul »

Spiegel428 wrote: 18 September 2022, 18:12 I'm not sure that all have solo mode implemented on BGA
Of course, that's what I'm saying that I'm thinking of suggesting, that this option be implemented for everyone that is feasible. Maybe in the simplest board games it is possible.

I appreciate your suggestions, I'm going to join those groups in case it helps me find other people who want to try the same games without rushing.

I've tried the turn-based play and I'm not quite convinced. Maybe for simple games it's fine. But when I play more complex games and it's my turn in several hours or the next day, I no longer remember my strategy, where the game was going or what I had to do or what I planned to do xD

So I don't really like that turn-based mechanic. I only use it when a group of friends want to play a game without a time limit, especially if we are learning it. But we actually play the game in the moment, not in turns hours later.
Spiegel428 wrote: 18 September 2022, 18:12 there's enough time to look up rules
Yes, but as I said before, even if I read the rules or watch the tutorial sometimes it's not enough for me to understand it well. Most games I don't understand until I play them and play them several times.

And even more so if the board games are in English or the tutorial or the rules are in English, which I'm terrible at. Right now I'm using Google translate to communicate here.

There is a game, this one https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=parks, that I have wanted to learn to play and play for a long time. But I guess because it's long and it's not very popular, I don't usually see people opening tables to play it.

There are many more on my list, but I'm giving you this one as an example because it's the one I've been waiting the longest to learn how to play it and find someone who wants to play it.

Thank you very much for reading and replying ^-^
Kayvon

Re: Try games alone before playing them with others

Post by Kayvon »

I think I'm following what you're saying better. There's not a good solution to this on the main BGA site as already explained. But! You can sign up for a developer account on BGA studio, then start any game you want with your fake account. When you use the "express start" button, you'll control all the players in the game.

So set up a game with 4 players and see how everything works from everyone's point of view. You can abandon the game at any point, too.

Return to “Suggestions”