MY CITY is on Alpha

Future games in need of testing and feedback
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
RPG1989

Re: MY CITY is on Alpha

Post by RPG1989 »

I'd love to help with play testing if possible. I might be a bit short on the number of games, but I've played through My City twice if that might be of any value
ekulnesro

Post by ekulnesro »

Moof, can you clarify, so the campaign message where it will start fresh only applies to a specific group of players (me and players 1, 2, and 3), correct? If I join a second campaign (with players 4, 5, and 6), that will not have any effect on the other campaign?
Moof

Post by Moof »

Exactly. You can play several campaigns at the same time if each group of players is different.
We have to improve the communication about this.
Phoxtrot

Post by Phoxtrot »

Moof wrote: 19 September 2022, 08:46 You can continue a campaign only with the same players, this is detected when you create a game.
But if you start a new campaign with this group of players, the previous campaign will be deleted! A warning in-game should prevent any mistake.
Ok thanks.
And if I start a new campaign with a partially different group of players, will the first campaign be preserved ?
Moof

Post by Moof »

Yes 8-)
Phoxtrot

Post by Phoxtrot »

Moof wrote: 20 September 2022, 15:34Yes 8-)
Thanks, sounds great.

Maybe at some point, being able to explicitly release a player from a campaign and get someone else on board (or continue with one less player) would be welcome but that is probably hard to code and can wait.

As a side note, I don't know how realistic or feasible it is but being able to jump start a campaign, at least during alpha/beta could make it easier to test the later scenarios.
Nacbee

Post by Nacbee »

Niiiice ! Would love to be added to the testing please :D
i2xCross

Post by i2xCross »

Could I be added to the alpha for this game? I'm part of pbpancho's regular group, and we would be playing this together.

Thanks!
JLub

Post by JLub »

I have a question, not sure if this is the place to ask. It seems that even on BGG this question is not resolved. Also small spoilers!

Do you get the 'factory quarter' bonus for a single factory tile, not touching any other blue tiles? How about for two factory tiles touching, with no other blue tiles? In other words, do you have to have a non-factory blue tile in a group to get the bonus?
Moof

Post by Moof »

Single Factory time => +2
2 factory tiles touching => +2

So no, you don't need a non-factory tile in a group to get the bonus :)

Return to “"Alpha" games”