Tournament games and time-win claims

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Velvetlad77

Tournament games and time-win claims

Post by Velvetlad77 »

Dear all,

Do you think it would be possible to have a setting in a tournament not enabling someone to claim the victory on time ?
Let me explain my mindset:

1. we are here to play
2. we enlist in a tourney to compete, all right
3. in a tournament game, the give up possibility is disabled, so we have to keep on "fighting"
4. if we are here for fighting, do you think is it normal that someone, just because he is ahead on clock can have the possibility to claim victory in tournaments ? Well I don't
Because with that mindset, the more the person who is late on schedule plays before his turns are skipped the more elo he loses. This should be exactly the opposite (= the more he tried to complete the game with a constraining agenda, the less he is penalized)

My suggestion is, for tournament games, disable the skip option or alternatively add it as a setting while creating tournaments.
At the end of the game time, the one with the highest time left is the winner, that sounds fair and I agree
But that someone intentionally play fast and skip your turn asap your clock is negative, that sounds unfair and frustrating

Here is some example with that guy in a recent tourney I'm in.
The guy is connected on a large screen (full green circle), does not play, moves when you disconnect and then skip your tuen and claims the win : https://we.tl/t-PNUUEwFgBn

I think this should not happen on a "mature" site like BGA.
Meeplelowda

Re: Tournament games and time-win claims

Post by Meeplelowda »

Are you proposing a tournament setting that literally has no time limit? Because if someone cannot be punished for taking too long, then de facto there is no limit to how long they can take. Heck, they could quit playing on BGA entirely and there would be nothing that could be done. What would you propose doing in a tournament in which one player has not made a move for over a month and all other games in that round have been completed?

You'd basically be arming * with a tournament-wrecking nuclear bomb.

*Moderator edit: please do not call specific players out in the Forum
Velvetlad77

Re: Tournament games and time-win claims

Post by Velvetlad77 »

You should re read my note and translate it into your own language

I m telling the time limit should be the time of the game, point
With no possibility for anyone to skip turns of the other as long as the game is not finished.

I don t know any tournament with no time limit.
Usually it s 5, 7, 10 or 15 days per game.

By the way i am adding a point, if maintained, the fact of expelling s.o should be granted only if all the other players agree in 3 or 4 pl games. Same this encourage time winning crooks otherwise

Return to “Suggestions”