Pride and prejudice

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
LittleSilver

Pride and prejudice

Post by LittleSilver »

So I activated Pride and prejudice from my completly unsplayed board and instantly won with over 300 points after drawing five stacks of cards.
Is that supposed to happen? It seems a little broken to me. I would add splaying or unsplaying or melding or returning cards in as part of the action. Or change its age to 9 or 10.
Micah Stairs

Re: Pride and prejudice

Post by Micah Stairs »

Yes this is working as intended. There is also a card which outright says "You win", meaning that the only condition for winning is that you don't share the effect with an opponent. Having a card where the win condition is having all piles unsplayed seems reasonable enough.
Hubajube

Post by Hubajube »

"It seems a little broken to me" is the unofficial tagline of Innovation! That a game can seem broken in so many ways while still working constantly amazes me. It's definitely one of my favorite games.
Feldar

Post by Feldar »

The You Win cards are usually age 10. Pride and Prejudice is Age 6
jacksonmead

Post by jacksonmead »

Artifacts has a lot of "you win" cards, including at Age 1 (Dancing Girl), Age 2 (Holy Lance), and Age 4 (Cross of Coronado). Pride and Prejudice doesn't feel that far out there for the Artifacts set, to me.
NickJim

Post by NickJim »

It can feel broken but there’s a huge opportunity cost if you’re at age 6 and no splays, so it should balance out :)

Return to “Innovation”