Restrict Table Access

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Krystaka

Restrict Table Access

Post by Krystaka »

Add an option to restrict table access according to the number of games in which a player is currently engaged.
MrBeardy

Re: Restrict Table Access

Post by MrBeardy »

presumably this is for turnbased?
Krystaka

Post by Krystaka »

Yes, turn-based.
Remkar

Post by Remkar »

I'm curious as to the purpose.

Do you think there is a direct correlation between # of games currently being played and some other variable?
Krystaka

Post by Krystaka »

I have no extensive evidence, merely some second-hand experience, of the effect of playing a great number of turn-based games simultaneously. I can imagine that being engaged in 100, 200, 300, even 400+ (I have played against one such) turn-based games at one time would be, if somehow not stressful, then at the least very demanding upon one's spare time, to the point where the allotted time allowance would be frequently exhausted, or nearly exhausted. This I have so far found to be the case. I can imagine, also, that the players' concentration on any one game may not always be at an optimum level in their race to get all their turns accomplished before their times expire. Be that as it may, so long that these players-in-excess manage to complete their turns within their time allotments, all should be well. But is it? As table administrator, I could always choose a faster game speed when setting-up the table, but this I have found to be a deterrent to those people who look to the game speed as a secure containment rather than a potential to be consumed. They like to have the extra time IN CASE they run into trouble, but invariably they make their moves long before their time is up. Not so the players-in-excess, who become jam-logs in the works. In a general sense, I am very interested in enabling the table administrator to tailor a game to certain specific strictures which will allow potential players a more secure choice of play. This is all the more important in the light of the weakness of the Karma stricture. An option such as I am suggesting may go some way towards remedying this situation.
voriki

Post by voriki »

It depends on the game, but I tend to disagree.

For some players (not all ofcourse) having many turnbased games going but obviously with a good reputation, it means they have a lot of time to play, constant computer connection, and may make their moves fast.

Return to “Suggestions”