Accessibility Settings

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
maddygoss

Accessibility Settings

Post by maddygoss »

I have a friend who is DeafBlind and lives a couple of states away, and we’d love to be able to play games online.

The iPad has some cool accessibility features that could make this doable, but it seems like the game pieces don’t have text labels for the spoken contents features to work with. We tried it with the chess game because that’s a game that he already knows.

Is there a list of games that would be accessible to use with spoken content? Can their be a push to increase accessibility for people who need access to spoken content?
MrBeardy

Re: Accessibility Settings

Post by MrBeardy »

forgive my ignorance, what is deafblind condition? Is that literally blind and deaf combined?
Spiegel428

Re: Accessibility Settings

Post by Spiegel428 »

MrBeardy wrote: 23 September 2022, 17:49 forgive my ignorance, what is deafblind condition? Is that literally blind and deaf combined?
That's right, although it's possible for people to still have a little bit of hearing or sight. There is a good book by activist Haben Girma where she talks about the progression of her condition and assistive technologies, amongst other things.
maddygoss wrote: 23 September 2022, 16:38 Is there a list of games that would be accessible to use with spoken content? Can their be a push to increase accessibility for people who need access to spoken content?
It'd be excellent if there was. I imagine that a blind person would have to participate in the testing during game development for it to work well. Is the site itself easy for your friend to navigate?

Return to “Suggestions”