Tapestry automa scoring

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
meebs

Tapestry automa scoring

Post by meebs »

Does anyone know how the automa's final score is calculated? The score on the right of the screen never matches the screen under the summary.
Vynce

Re: Tapestry automa scoring

Post by Vynce »

I've been completely unable to figure out anything about the automa, and was quite shocked the first time i got triple its score and still lost.
meebs

Post by meebs »

yep! I have had some really high scores and then I see the dreaded defeat....
just this girl

Post by just this girl »

Just bumping in case anyone sees this & knows the answer.

I've scored way higher than automa & still got defeated.

It's very confusing.
BTizo

Post by BTizo »

I have noticed it doesn't always update, too. If you refresh your screen after the Automa scores each Era, it will "Catch up" and be accurate.
Ryththa

Post by Ryththa »

I have had this trouble too, the automa score is all over the place and can even go down mid game! To add insult to injury, in the final score mine has become a minus! And the automa score is in the hundreds all of a sudden. What is going on??
TotallyBoard

Post by TotallyBoard »

Did you guys ever figure this out? Had my first game and was clearly in the lead and then once end game scoring came along, had NEGATIVE 123 points??
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

TotallyBoard wrote: 02 November 2023, 18:31 Did you guys ever figure this out? Had my first game and was clearly in the lead and then once end game scoring came along, had NEGATIVE 123 points??
I am almost sure this is just to make sure the game is considered as a loss by bga.
Mike White

Post by Mike White »

Came here wondering the same thing, spent ages in the rule books and on bgg trying to figure it out. Would really like to know. No idea if I’m doing well or not which makes it a pretty pointless affair. May as well get a load of spare tokens from my box of bits and spend half an hour swapping them about.

Return to “Tapestry”