EUROTA - European Tournament Alliance

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
stefko007

EUROTA - European Tournament Alliance

Post by stefko007 »

Hello All,

I am getting annoyed by tournament games that drag on for days and then timeout because players are too far away. Right now I am in a game with a player from USA and China, we do 4-8 moves per day ... the game will timeout soon.

I think tournaments are a great idea but really time zone difference is an important factor. Therefore I created a group for players located in three European time zones. See the group manifesto below.

If you want to join write me for an invitation :) Here you can check the group:
Group url: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=127 ... ublicinfos
The point of EUROTA is to organize tournaments with time zone compatible players. Thus making the whole experience much more enjoyable and smooth. Anybody who played a BGA tournament knows that waiting for a player located 6-8 hours away, results in work/sleep/free time clashes. So, instead having tournaments resolved by timeouts, this group wants to have them resulted by actual game play.
Time zones involved are WET, CET and EET, which places us all within 2h of time distance.

Furthermore time outing in a EUROTA tournament game will be monitored and result into actions to ensure smooth gameplay for other players.
stefko007

Re: EUROTA - European Tournament Alliance

Post by stefko007 »

Current update: Looking for active players! :)

We are playing turn based tournaments but FAST.

For example a whole two-player game of 7WA, 7WD in one day or a multiplayer game with 3-4 player in 3 days. A whole two-player game of AZUL or Carcassonne in two days.

You can visit the group here: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=12798722

If you want to join write me a message, I evaluate based on our criteria (see About message).
stefko007

Post by stefko007 »

The membership counts nearly 400 players by know:
https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=12798722

The point of EUROTA is to organize tournaments with time zone compatible players. Thus making the whole experience much more enjoyable and smooth. Anybody who played a BGA tournament knows that waiting for a player located 6-8 hours away, results in work/sleep/free time clashes. So, instead having tournaments resolved by timeouts, this group wants to have them resulted by actual game play.
Time zones involved are WET, CET and EET, which places us all within 2h of time distance.

Usual allocated time per game is ranging between 1-3 days for 1-1 settings and 2-5 days for multiplayer settings. The actual allocation depends on how many steps need to be played in the specific game. This is in order to keep the game experience as close to real-time as possible, without tying down the players and causing timeouts because of somebody taking a small breaks. You can walkaround, do other things and still keep in touch with the game.

We are currently playing:
7 Wonders Architects, 7 Wonders Duel, Azul, Carcassonne, Splendor, The Castles of Burgundy, Can't Stop, Stone Age
Games in planning: Ticket to Ride (Nov 23), Saboteur (Nov 23), Catan (TBD), ...

If you want to join and play fast paced tournaments, send me a PM.
stefko007

Post by stefko007 »

How competitive are our tournaments? I checked ELO of our last Carca tournament and compared with some others:
Knock Out Cup V1, average ELO of all the 32 players was 268
COPA Interamigos August 2023, the top 32 of 100+ players had ELO of 413
The average ELO of all the 32 players playing in EUROTA Carca V5 was 418
King of Carca final group (32 best from 340) was 571

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”