Cannot run "Check project" - "This game cannot be played with 2 players"

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
salty-horse

Cannot run "Check project" - "This game cannot be played with 2 players"

Post by salty-horse »

When I click the "Check project" button, I get this error:
This game cannot be played with 2 players (you invited 1 friend(s) to play with you). The maximum is 1 players
This is a 2-player game only. It otherwise works fine.
The project is vidrasso.

Any idea what's wrong?
Een

Re: Cannot run "Check project" - "This game cannot be played with 2 players"

Post by Een »

I just tried clicking the "Check project" button from the manage game page and it worked. Maybe you have for some reason used the "friends" lobby and added a friend there? (in that case going back to the "friends" lobby and removing this friend should fix the issue)
salty-horse

Post by salty-horse »

I'm not sure what the "Friend lobby" is (and I have no friends configured), but I went to "Play" and removed the other user I have for same-screen play, and it worked. Thanks!

Perhaps the error message can be improved...?

BTW, I see that the tool complains about missing image files for the game box and such, but I think the new guidelines are that these should only be set through the metadata manager, and should not be in the game directory.
Een

Post by Een »

salty-horse wrote: 04 October 2022, 17:26 I'm not sure what the "Friend lobby" is (and I have no friends configured),
I meant the "Friends" value of the third dropdown in the lobby (others being "Automatic" and "Manual")
salty-horse wrote: 04 October 2022, 17:26 but I went to "Play" and removed the other user I have for same-screen play, and it worked. Thanks!
Glad it helped. Please note that the standard way to test on the studio is "Express start / Express stop" rather than the hotseat mode.
salty-horse wrote: 04 October 2022, 17:26 Perhaps the error message can be improved...?
Not sure, it's an edge case with a game that's not really a game.
salty-horse wrote: 04 October 2022, 17:26 BTW, I see that the tool complains about missing image files for the game box and such, but I think the new guidelines are that these should only be set through the metadata manager, and should not be in the game directory.
Yes, "checkproject" has been created and is maintained by a studio developer (Victoria_La) and may not always be completely up to date. It should be considered just as a helper to figure out potential issues.

Return to “Developers”