Styling log messages - no CSS?

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
salty-horse

Styling log messages - no CSS?

Post by salty-horse »

In my game, I use custom classes for the log messages, including using data URI'd SVG images instead of separate image files.

This works fine, but I noticed that the game's CSS file isn't in the "View game replay" page, so the log messages don't appear correctly.

Is this something I should avoid? Or are these logs less important?

Looking at how other games do it, and I think the logs are "unreadable" as well, but in other ways. For example Wingspan and Gaia Project's logs have marked up keywords, which I think are substituted in the client-side. Should I use this technique instead?
Tisaac

Re: Styling log messages - no CSS?

Post by Tisaac »

salty-horse wrote: 30 September 2022, 19:55 In my game, I use custom classes for the log messages, including using data URI'd SVG images instead of separate image files.

This works fine, but I noticed that the game's CSS file isn't in the "View game replay" page, so the log messages don't appear correctly.

Is this something I should avoid? Or are these logs less important?

Looking at how other games do it, and I think the logs are "unreadable" as well, but in other ways. For example Wingspan and Gaia Project's logs have marked up keywords, which I think are substituted in the client-side. Should I use this technique instead?
Nothing can be done at the moment to interact with the replay page. You can leave it that way or use the substitution technique in front end.

Return to “Developers”