Create Push Notifications for Players Looking for Opponent

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Kruszer

Create Push Notifications for Players Looking for Opponent

Post by Kruszer »

I'd love the option to sign up for a push notification whenever there is someone looking for an opponent in my favourite but less popular games.

What usually happens is I hit "play game" and after several minutes I have to give up and cancel, or else I may wait and wait and wait sooooooo long that I've forgotten I was waiting for an opponent and walked away... only to later return and see I've been expelled from a game that started long after I wasn't around. (And then we get the lost karma and the patronizing screen of "A game that doesn't end... Don't be that player" ... when all we wanted to do was find a player for an obscure game.) :(

In Just Deserts, for example, I know that the very same thing happens to other addicts. We all enter the forum at different times in the day and we wait and wait and have the same experience of not finding anyone online at the time who wants to play. If we could all have the push notifications set on our devices for our favourite games, I could get a ping "User SoAndSo wants to play Just Deserts" and then the first person to follow the link can decide it's break time and can jump on to play. (And if more than one person responds, we can create a second game and ping for another).

I believe this would keep a lot more BGA members engaged on the site, as we could more easily find people to play with on a consistent basis. This is especially crucial for less populated games.
voriki

Re: Create Push Notifications for Players Looking for Opponent

Post by voriki »

And how about Turnbased tables?
davemoser22

Post by davemoser22 »

OMG, yes, please! It’s not really a problem for turn-based games; I can set one up and come later whenever the table is full and the game has started. But for real time games it’s nearly impossible to get a game going unless it is something brand new and/or super popular. I would LOVE it if I could flag the games I want to play in real time and then get pinged whenever someone opens a table for it.
davemoser22

Post by davemoser22 »

I didn't see an official suggestion for this idea, so I went ahead and created one:

https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=74278

Return to “Suggestions”