Give each player the same map

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
MrBeardy

Give each player the same map

Post by MrBeardy »

Where computer maps are used all players should get the same map. I've played a few games this morning where the maps seem to be very unbalanced between players and it makes the competitive element meaningless.
MrBeardy

Re: Give each player the same map

Post by MrBeardy »

This seems to be if you select games of 1 rounds only (unless people are lying to me to make me feel better for taking too long). In a 3 round game we just tried we both seemed to get the same yellow and grey distribution just rotated/flipped etc so it's possible the maps are same albeit handed. Would appreciate feedback on how this is set up
Tof63

Re: Give each player the same map

Post by Tof63 »

Hello

If you play with the random grid generation mode, then all players play with the same grid in each round, no matter how many rounds there are.
However, to avoid the temptation to look at your neighbor's board if you are playing in the same room, some players have their board reflected in a mirror, or turned to the left or right (or a combination of both).
It doesn't change the complexity of the grid, and it avoids (a little) the possibility of cheating.

Return to “Reflection”