Request: some way to see all hands, at least for replay

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
mickalot

Request: some way to see all hands, at least for replay

Post by mickalot »

Is there any outstanding feature request to have some kind of mode where all hands can be seen?

I can think of at least two really good excuses to see all hands:

1. In a teaching game, it helps for bystanders to see all the hands so they can help the new players learn what to do.
2. When reviewing games, it would be _really_ helpful to see all the hands to understand who played what and why.

I couldn't find a feature/bug request to upvote -- if one exists, could someone post it here so I can upvote it? (And if not, are there others that want this feature, too, and perhaps can propose it more elegantly than I just did?
Travis Hall

Re: Request: some way to see all hands, at least for replay

Post by Travis Hall »

That’s really a general-purpose feature, useful in most games on BGA, not just Hanabi. If raised as a general-purpose feature request, it could well draw support from broadly across the BGA community.
Wreckage

Post by Wreckage »

I think it would be a great improvement for the whole site. I also would like to see an option for a specific player to allow a spectator or spectators to see their hand. This would make teaching much easier.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

I think the best way to do it would be as Wreckage said, an option in the top right parameters to: not allow spectator to see their pov / allow spectators to see their pov / allow spectators and players to see their pov.

Then as a spectator, you have an option to see: the default view or a specific player which allow the view.
As a player, you have an option to see: their pov or a specific player which allow the view.
During replay, you have the option to switch between the pov of players.

The cost of all that is that it require to reload the full replay each time you change the pov.
So for games like hanabi, it's still not great since you need to navigate between two povs, but with a direct click that would be better than what happen atm.

Of course, it would be better to see all hands at any time, but that require the developper to define somehow what hidden information each player have. On most games it will be their hand/their cards, but in some like on Ticket to Ride, you need to add the objectives.

Return to “Hanabi”