Swap rule/ pie rule

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Schmlfrd

Swap rule/ pie rule

Post by Schmlfrd »

I'm don't have enough experience , but i have noticed that some players, after many games, have found places that are advantageous to play on some boards/ layouts. I think that the option swap should be enabled for this game. It could make the game more interesting. Have this game been solved? Does the first player have advantage?
Meeplelowda

Re: Swap rule/ pie rule

Post by Meeplelowda »

Schmlfrd wrote: 04 October 2022, 12:27Have this game been solved? Does the first player have advantage?
Has it been solved? Maybe, but how would you know unless someone came out and said it (and backed it up).

Is there a first player advantage? According to the stats the winner was the first player 52% of the time, so assuming that is statistically significant there is a modest first player advantage.
lexicam

Re: Swap rule/ pie rule

Post by lexicam »

One player posted a perfect record with well over 100 wins(including against other good players), but I think they just had the ability to project more moves into the future than their opponent. I doubt they developed a computer to play for them. A specific board could be solved, but given there are also a large number of different board permutations I think that keeps the game from being solved.

The first mover advantage is higher than I would have guessed. A 52% win rate over 190K games is very statistically significant. I'd be curious if that figure changes if you look at games between 2 players with ELO >200.

Return to “Insert”