Excavator + Bellfounder combo

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
AdrianoFreitas

Excavator + Bellfounder combo

Post by AdrianoFreitas »

Hi!

Just decided to write because I was pretty excited with this combo I made. I also had Seasonal Worker enter on T4 (which definitely helped), but the main point is always getting 1 clay per turn (on top of 1 wood, 1 stone, 1 food and 1 vegetable) and then discarding it for 3 food or 1 point. I played Excavator T1 and Bellfounder T3, so there were 12 possible rounds to use his power. He ended up with 9 points (I believe that ties with the banned Braggart?), gave me 6 food and there was another round where I refused to discard because I had 6 clay to buy a Cooking Hearth.

Really happy and curious about other possible combos now! :D
Attachments
Agricola.png
Agricola.png (154.17 KiB) Viewed 512 times
George Smiley

Re: Excavator + Bellfounder combo

Post by George Smiley »

Congrats! That's a great Bellfounder. I've never really made the card work for more than a couple points and 3-6 food. But I rarely try to draft it to begin with.
aluxorvin

Re: Excavator + Bellfounder combo

Post by aluxorvin »

a combo that askes you to use an action space (i.e. spamming it) for points can never be compared with Braggart. Because you did spend a precious action every round to make your combo work. (and leaving other game actions for other players)

By the way, talking about braggart, if you force yourself to play a minor or build a major so to boost the Braggart points, you probably successfully max braggart but lost your game.

A winning braggart is not played that way. A winning braggart is you play your normal game, build majors and minors normally. And then you play braggart. All of a sudden, you win the game that seems to be a tight one with close scores among players.

Return to “Agricola”