Some needed additions/changes

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
TheReeve

Re: Some needed additions/changes

Post by TheReeve »

Not having played much real time, can you tell me what that limit is? I will ask Hersh about our options.
mturton

Post by mturton »

Joseph2302 wrote: 15 November 2022, 11:50 +1 for the new passing option (you can hire servants when you pass). Right now, you have to spend 2 turns- 1 to pass, and 1 to hire servants- and game is much better if you have the extra action
What? I've never seen it! How do I implement it?
mturton

Post by mturton »

emmapants wrote: 11 March 2023, 18:44
TheReeve wrote: 02 December 2022, 19:34 3) UNDO OPTION: There are undo options...up to a point. You can undo your activity anytime before you hit CONFIRM. So you can cycle activities and guests and grumble about missing servants and go back to darn Bowling Green for the 3rd time...until you click CONFIRM. Do you need an UNDO past that? We get into revealed information, which has some programming grit, and I had to choose. We did add CONFIRM because people said (very early on before BETA) that automatically processing a valid activity was too much.
I did mess up in a game with this where I went to steal a lady's maid from my opponent who had recruited all of them, and then found out we were playing in "friendly" mode. :o So yeah, more undo wouldn't be amiss. :D

I don't know if this is the right place to mention this, but also the time limit on turns for real-time games is way too short with the number of actions you have to take per turn, scrolling up and down, and reading the information on different cards. I'm constantly going over my time limit on this game.
I don't understand why there isn't an UNDO for REFRESH SERVANT. You can change activities, but once you deduct three reputation you can't UNDO that. Is it against a game rule? Or what?
Tanjanica

Post by Tanjanica »

TheReeve wrote: 02 December 2022, 19:34
4) NEW MONUMENTS: I can see this being an early edition to this adaptation. High VP monuments do change the game dramatically.
Any word on whether this change will be implemented or not. I bought the expansion for my own copy of this game just to replace the OP monuments. And for the other stuff, but the monuments were a big factor.

I feel that games / strategies are so much fairer with the reduced vp value. Especially when considering courtship.
TheReeve

Post by TheReeve »

mturton wrote: 20 March 2023, 00:42I don't understand why there isn't an UNDO for REFRESH SERVANT. You can change activities, but once you deduct three reputation you can't UNDO that. Is it against a game rule? Or what?
I will ask Hersh.
TheReeve

Post by TheReeve »

mturton wrote: 20 March 2023, 00:42I don't understand why there isn't an UNDO for REFRESH SERVANT. You can change activities, but once you deduct three reputation you can't UNDO that. Is it against a game rule? Or what?
According to Hersh, the BGA developer, the way Special Actions are implemented makes adding an UNDO rather difficult. I will take the blame, as it was my opinion that this was not essential when he was implementing Special Actions.
mturton

Post by mturton »

We need the monuments updated ASAP.
mturton

Post by mturton »

TheReeve wrote: 22 March 2023, 14:47
According to Hersh, the BGA developer, the way Special Actions are implemented makes adding an UNDO rather difficult. I will take the blame, as it was my opinion that this was not essential when he was implementing Special Actions.
Ok, thanks. Appreciate the answer.
mturton

Post by mturton »

mturton wrote: 23 March 2023, 02:59 We need the monuments updated ASAP.
Yup.

In family matches we have instituted a house rule that no monuments may be purchased. All of us are sick of losing to whoever has the Sculpture Garden.
TheReeve

Post by TheReeve »

mturton wrote: 23 March 2023, 02:59 We need the monuments updated ASAP.
I cannot include an expansion element in the base game as a one off. It would confuse people who play BGA, then buy the game and find stuff missing. When UD is implement, monument options will be available.

Return to “Obsession”