Trouble starting a game

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
TomWright

Trouble starting a game

Post by TomWright »

When I try to start a game, I get a prompt that says "First please choose some friends to invite to play with you".

When I add a friend to invite, I get a prompt that says, "You first have to raise the maximum number of players you want at this table".

How do I raise the maximum number of players I want at the table before inviting someone to the game?

I start at the game page that says Learn or Play. I select Play, am taken to the lobby, and select the Play Now! button, and that's when I see the prompts. The url for the lobby is https://boardgamearena.com/lobby?game=1437.

Thanks for any help.
Jellby

Re: Trouble starting a game

Post by Jellby »

You probably have to select a scenario beyond the first one, which is only for 1 player, and therefore only for training mode...
spielfriek

Post by spielfriek »

How do you select a scenario when it won't let you in?
cigma

Post by cigma »

Strange thing - This never happend to me. Can you give us some screenshots for investigation?
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
TomWright

Post by TomWright »

Thanks for the replies. Linked are the requested screen shots: https://imgur.com/a/kDtJzU4

Please let me know if you can't access those.
spielfriek

Post by spielfriek »

For the record, me and a friend (fullerbd) are having the exact same issue.
spielfriek

Post by spielfriek »

Note: It's not possible to report this as a bug because there is no table number to reference.
spielfriek

Post by spielfriek »

I was able to fumble my way in after changing the top right tab to MANUAL instead of FRIENDS.

Try that.
Lunalol

Post by Lunalol »

spielfriek wrote: 13 October 2022, 20:05 How do you select a scenario when it won't let you in?
Scenario selection is BEFORE game start.
So you should have no problem with that.
cigma

Post by cigma »

spielfriek wrote: 14 October 2022, 17:07 I was able to fumble my way in after changing the top right tab to MANUAL instead of FRIENDS.
Try that.
I would also expect that to solve your problem. Hopefully ;)
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)

Return to “Talon”