Request to remove VIRUS word from Just One

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Buddhanature

Request to remove VIRUS word from Just One

Post by Buddhanature »

Please remove VIRUS from the word bank, especially given the current world situation. Thanks.
sorryimlikethis

Re: Request to remove VIRUS word from Just One

Post by sorryimlikethis »

Obviously I don't think anyone is happy with the pandemic going on... but I don't really see how this makes "virus" an offensive word.
Aberis

Post by Aberis »

It's just a word ... it's not an expletive, it doesn't have racial or sexist connotations; there is absolutely no reason for it to be removed from the game.
Rukus McUallas

Post by Rukus McUallas »

Which word will be next? In understand the reason, but I disagree. Not only can denial be problematic, this would set an even more problematic precedent.
SicutInCaelo

Post by SicutInCaelo »

I agree with the other replies. Nothing objectively offensive about the word. I understand having personal reasons not to like it, but others may have personal reasons not to like the words knife, horse, cliff, bank, etc. A dangerous precedent indeed.
dhnyny

Post by dhnyny »

Agreed. It would be like removing the word "bacteria." A permanent part of the ecosystem.
diamant

Post by diamant »

Buddhanature wrote: 16 October 2022, 04:26 Please remove VIRUS from the word bank, especially given the current world situation. Thanks.
If there were no virus, there would be no life on Earth. Your request is disgusting.
Kruszer

Post by Kruszer »

The irony of this request is that the Forum Rules state "Do not post bugs on this forum" :lol:

That said, it's nice to know that someone still is bothered by Covid. With almost nobody around me masking or being careful anymore, it's easy to feel like I'm the only one growing old alone. Solidarity!
DuckofDeathV

Post by DuckofDeathV »

Also please remove the game Pandemic from BGA.
Yorgad

Post by Yorgad »

What an irrelevant request, to remain polite.
While we're at it let's remove "war" because even more people died from it. Let's remove "godfather" because of mafia. What about "alcohol" for wreaking havoc people lives? As well as "vengeance"? And let's not forget "pirate"? I could go on.

Hiding a reality won't make it go away.

Cheers,
Y.

Return to “Just One”