Complexity: 3 / 5 ?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
mPony

Complexity: 3 / 5 ?

Post by mPony »

BGA shows this game as having "Complexity: 3 / 5". BGG shows it as being weighted "1.79 / 5"

After getting a copy and playing it the game doesn't seem like a 3/5 at all for complexity. Barrage and Great Western Trail are both rated 3/5 and I'd say that's quite accurate for those games.

I think BGA should amend this game to a 2 / 5 for complexity.
Moorland Holms

Re: Complexity: 3 / 5 ?

Post by Moorland Holms »

I agree that 3 is too high for just 4 different actions, which does not mean it lacks strategic value.
But as it has 3 for every aspect, maybe it is a default and wasn't changed so far?
cigma

Post by cigma »

Moorland Holms wrote: 09 November 2022, 22:30 maybe it is a default and wasn't changed so far?
Yes, 3 / 5 is the default. It seems it hasn't been changed for any of the games mentioned.
Last edited by cigma on 29 January 2023, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

The complexity ratings are sometimes all over the place. It's probably a 2.

But Barrage & GWT are not a 3, either a 4 or 5.

You're probably going to need to round-up from BGG, since it's a decimal out of 5. So anything from about 4.1 to 5 should be considered a 5.
Although I did notice one game on BGA with decimal rating.
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=teotihuacan

Return to “Century”