I understand development is more fun...

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
AmadanNaBriona

Re: I understand development is more fun...

Post by AmadanNaBriona »

Your tone sounds very accusatory/defensive (?).
Well, you came in here with a very accusatory tone, addressing us as if we're employees who aren't doing our jobs.

Most of us are just hobbyists volunteering our time to develop games for fun. Your questions would be better addressed to the BGA admins. I sympathize with your frustration if you feel you've tried that and been ignored, but coming here to bark at us won't fix that.
No_chat_sorry

Post by No_chat_sorry »

Apologies if I came across wrong, I didn't mean to offend or attack anyone. It's no excuse,... but I have contacted Admin raising reports so many times that I indeed feel ignored and very frustrated.

Sorry, it seems like I have been calling on the wrong people for help.

I now understand the situation and that you have no more influence or sway than any normal player does, and you are therefore unable to pass on any messages to anyone at BGA HQ.

I also didn't realise, and I gather from your replies now, that the CEO doesn't actually appear to have many paid employees, but mainly uses volunteers to run his business. Things make more sense now!
Een

Post by Een »

No_chat_sorry wrote: 13 November 2022, 22:40 at BGA HQ.
Not sure what you imagine, but we have a BGA HQ as much as you have a batcave :D
BGA is not Cupertino or Mountain View just because it's a website. Small team, limited resources. Your assumptions about us are quite over the top.

If you referenced your reports in your post, you might have gotten some better feedback.

Also, the issue you describe has been discussed in another forum thread (in the appropriate forum) viewtopic.php?t=27037 and a change has been released about this viewtopic.php?p=125751#p125751

Finally, it seems from your description that you play from a small (and possibly old) device. Loading times may come from that too; maintaining a website for every kind of device is just not possible. Sometimes you may have to at least test on another device (recommended: desktop/chrome) to check if the issue might be related to your setup.
No_chat_sorry

Post by No_chat_sorry »

See, now that is a useful reply. Thank you!!

Return to “Developers”