1 day????? TTR Tournaments

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
john0607

1 day????? TTR Tournaments

Post by john0607 »

I am see some insane tournament setups for TTR. One tournament I entered (and shouldn't have) (Ticket to ride champions ligue • Ticket 1) is trying to complete 4 player turn based games in 3 days. So far, in the two rounds completed so far, not one of the 38 matches has been completed on time. Either someone left or the games have been abandoned because of time running out. Now I see one tournament (4 is better than 2 • TTR 4 player TURN-BASED (1st edition)) is trying to do the same thing (4 players, turn-based) in ONE DAY.

If you are going to run a turn based tournament, you need to take into account the length of the game and, most important, the fact that people live3 in different time zones so it may be hours before they can have their turn. TTR is too long for these length tournaments
FSKFSK

Re: 1 day????? TTR Tournaments

Post by FSKFSK »

When I see a tournament with ridiculous time controls, I don't enter. If you're a premium user, create your own tournament.
yodamus

Post by yodamus »

Seems to be a major issue for any turn based tourneys. I am in one now that was to be a 7 day tourney
. 7 days up. 5% done. Will be next year before done. 20 matches of group stage. Insane. I need to check out how tourney is set up more often. Seems virtually nobody knows how to run a tourney. All turn based tourneys I have ever entered ran past time. Way past time. 1 day tourneys take 3 days or more. How do we fix this .?
Silene

Post by Silene »

yodamus wrote: 24 October 2022, 19:06 How do we fix this .?
I think only way to fix is find a way to motivate people to check the time setting on EVERY tournament they enter and only join if they can do it (even assuming worst case in time zones).

There are actually people who are able to play very fast because they are online almost 24/7. So a tournament for these people should have a place on the platform. But too many wrong players join. Tournaments aren't supposed to always be doable by everyone.

Maybe there should be a more helpful pop-up before submitting to join.
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”