JUST ONE: A word to rule them all!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
KuWizard

Re: JUST ONE: A word to rule them all!

Post by KuWizard »

THE DOG_shiba iun wrote: 30 October 2022, 10:33 Will there be more languages in the future? Chinese?
Yes, new languages will be added later. Can't tell you which ones, that's what publisher decides
Limonata

Post by Limonata »

I think that players who remain after one person quits should get a higher win than 1 point. It eliminates the entire gameplay if a single player ends up losing connection or just leaves, and it takes a ton of effort to get seven players to begin with. Please consider using some other kind of consolation method. Thanks!
aghagh

Post by aghagh »

Limonata wrote: 31 October 2022, 08:27 I think that players who remain after one person quits should get a higher win than 1 point. It eliminates the entire gameplay if a single player ends up losing connection or just leaves, and it takes a ton of effort to get seven players to begin with. Please consider using some other kind of consolation method.
If someone abandons a table, it's true that the results are a bit contradictory:
- All players who finished the game (considered winners) are shown with a score of "1" and the player who abandoned (considered loser) with "0.
- The final splash screen shows the regular score (1-13) after the guessed number of words like in any finished table.
- No elo is awarded to anyone (maybe except for the +1 elo after the first game).

If a player suddenly abandons there's nothing you can do at that point. Perhaps you can try to set-up tables requiring a good karma / reputation before starting the game. If it's a connection problem or someone has to leave, you can switch the table to turn-based and finish it that way.
Mine Hawk

Post by Mine Hawk »

https://boardgamearena.com/tutorial?gam ... orial=1108
I also made "remade" version but I suggest 3picFr3nzy's version! 🥳
cman_yall

Post by cman_yall »

Just misspell your clue in random ways?
aghagh

Post by aghagh »

cman_yall wrote: 01 November 2022, 20:47 Just misspell your clue in random ways?
I'm not sure what do you mean by that question (maybe it's rhetorical), but clues always have to be validated by a human judge who can spot those different spellings of the same word and invalidate them all (only identical clues are detected automatically).
carliss89

Post by carliss89 »

Please include it in Spanish!
amazingduck

Post by amazingduck »

Love this game on BGA. Great comeraderie and conversation in the Chats. Hope that there will be new words added.
LesyaLiteplo

Post by LesyaLiteplo »

The gameplay is quick and easy, and generally fun. However, in the second game we played, the majority of words were the same as in the first game. Therefore, boring and repetitive. Not sure we'll play again.
red iguana

Post by red iguana »

I agree.Brilliant game BUT needs ore words in the word bank. only played about a dozen times and same words keep coming up.
Red Iguana

Return to “Official announcements [en]”