I do not understand how 'trash' works

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
lastplacefirst85

I do not understand how 'trash' works

Post by lastplacefirst85 »

It seems I can rarely trash cards and change my deck in single player against Penny. How do I get this mechanic to work reliably? The WIKI and the strategy tips do not explicitly say how to trash.
Daanando

Re: I do not understand how 'trash' works

Post by Daanando »

lastplacefirst85 wrote: 27 October 2022, 23:24 It seems I can rarely trash cards and change my deck in single player against Penny. How do I get this mechanic to work reliably? The WIKI and the strategy tips do not explicitly say how to trash.
Do you mean trashing cards using the Romance (red) "dump" abillity?
quietmint

Post by quietmint »

The action labelled "dump" on red romance cards lets you cull your desk by permanently removing a card from your discard pile. So the key is you need to keep cards there -- if you use ink to draw through your entire deck, your discard pile will be shuffled to become your deck and you'll have no discards. Triggering "dump" with an empty discard pile is a waste. Ideally, you'll get rid of your starter cards and concentrate your deck with the other genres.

Just like any genre, having multiple red romance cards lets you trigger more "dump" actions because you can activate the benefits on the bottom of the cards (in the colored section).

---

The action labelled "trash" on yellow adventure cards is something else. It lets you permanently remove that particular card in exchange for coins/points. You can't use this to get rid of starter cards (since it affects itself), but you can benefit from it even when your discard pile is empty if you're willing to give up that particular yellow adventure card.
ufm

Post by ufm »

Tip: You can also trash spare cards in your hand with Romance cards, as unused cards are discarded before card ability resolve step.

Return to “Hardback”