Tiwanaku is now in Alpha

Future games in need of testing and feedback
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
tet2brick

Tiwanaku is now in Alpha

Post by tet2brick »

Tiwanaku from Sit Down Games is now in Alpha !

It is said that Wiraqocha created the sun and the pre-Columbian tribes of the Andes. Under his leadership, those who will train the mighty Inca people came out of their caves to discover new horizons in order to subsist and grow in harmony with nature. They venerated Pachamama, Mother Earth, the basis of all living things, plants and minerals, on earth and under the earth.

In Tiwanaku, first announced as Pachamama, you lead your tribe into unknown territory in search of new lands to cultivate. Your goal: To explore regions and draw outlines to develop cultures according to the customs and legacies of Pachamama. If you honor Her by respecting the great principles of diversity and complementarity, Nature will reward you; otherwise, you will suffer his wrath. In this race, risk-taking, deduction, intuition, and a good sense of timing should allow you to get through.

Enjoy !
elonpuckhog

Re: Tiwanaku is now in Alpha

Post by elonpuckhog »

Has the game been programmed to only include the 20 scenarios that came in the box?
Jaeko

Post by Jaeko »

Hello @Elonpuckhog,

I'm the Communication Manager from Sit Down! Games.

The game includes currently more scenarios (40+) on BGA but it's not definitive.
The KS version of the game includes 30 scenarios and we already have an add-on of 20 scenarios.

We will discuss about the number of scenarios that will be available on BGA for the release but it is not impossible that this number will be increased gradually.
elonpuckhog

Post by elonpuckhog »

Thank you for the response. I will mark my approval for beta.
Jaeko

Post by Jaeko »

Thank you for the testing @Elonpuckhog :-)
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

I started a few games. Seems interesting!
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

I played a few more games. It's definitely fun. I also didn't encounter any bugs, so good job on the development!
Magicus

Post by Magicus »

First of all, thanks a lot for allowing Tiwanaku to be here!
I am just waiting for my deluxe copy to arrive home (hopefully in the next few days), so it's great to have a possibility to test some strategies even before my gaming group arrives for a session.
This implementation here is really great so far, and I was just ready to approve its move to beta, though then I found one important bug, which I just posted today. So the approval will have to wait a little bit till the bug resolution.
Also i wanted to test the solo mode as well, but it seems I don't understand, how the starting points for Otoma are calculated.
I tested several different setups, but in all of them my calculations were off by 1-2 points, could you please help me to find out, where I am doing a mistake?
For example the following setup:
Screenshot 2023-01-19 221632.jpg
Screenshot 2023-01-19 221632.jpg (158.79 KiB) Viewed 682 times
  • first of all crops should be calculated based on their level:
    2 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 = 12 VP
  • then all terrains should be scored according to the usual diversity rules, left to right, top to bottom:
    Rock - 1 VP
    Grass - 2 VP
    Dirt - 3 VP
    Grass - 1 VP
    Grass - 1 VP
  • my total is 12 + 8 = 20 VP, though game shows only 19 starting VP in this setup
danissimus

Post by danissimus »

Hello,

I found a rule issue in solo game.

AI should move after player stops at already revealed terrain without a crop. In BGA AI doesn't move in this case.
It has been mentioned in rulebook and confirmed on BGG discussion forum from designer.

regards,
Daniel
cunday

Post by cunday »

I would like to help with testing. Can I get access to the alpha version?

Return to “"Alpha" games”