Ticket to Ride Europe

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Sysyphus

Re: Ticket to Ride Europe

Post by Sysyphus »

MadManMark wrote: 16 January 2023, 19:04 If & when we get to this point, it would be better to have them as two distinct games, so there are different (multiple) arena seasons, distinct rankings & ELO for each version, etc. Not to mention this is how the games are packaged IRL; each is a standalone game that you buy separately.
Yep, +1 with this.
WALLPERS

Post by WALLPERS »

+++
pugsworth

Post by pugsworth »

Yes, Ticket to Ride Europe please!
The high number of six carriage trains in the US version means that you can score better with these than by going for more routes, which I think takes the fun out of the game.

I agree with the need for separate arena's too, partly because of the above.

thanks!
thg0724

Post by thg0724 »

I think the extra tickets in play in 1910 (you start with at least 3 of 5 instead of 2 of 3 and get to choose from 4 instead of 3 in a turn draw) along with the 15 point bonus for most destinations completed somewhat lessens the effectiveness of focusing on 6 car routes.
pugsworth wrote: 19 January 2023, 02:24 Yes, Ticket to Ride Europe please!
The high number of six carriage trains in the US version means that you can score better with these than by going for more routes, which I think takes the fun out of the game.

I agree with the need for separate arena's too, partly because of the above.

thanks!
james1974

Post by james1974 »

Europe map please

remove the random advantage of long routes in the opening hand
fruktansvärt

Post by fruktansvärt »

Ticket to Ride Europe should be its own game.
The 1910 expansion would be great if it could be added to this game (and should be the default).
Bobby Fung

Post by Bobby Fung »

As "Can't Stop" had its express version, there is no question why theres no Europe version. Even better if we add the "San Francisco" version.
jh4md

Post by jh4md »

I'd love to have Europe available!
paulindia11

Post by paulindia11 »

Fully agree that Europe is more complex and more fun.
Would be a great move!
India is interesting as well!
thg0724

Post by thg0724 »

I play a lot of three-player TTR in person. Recently my regular playing partners and I got out our copy of TTR Europe and played six games. I thought it was boring and not nearly as challenging. The lack of 5 car routes (and very few 6 & 8 car routes) removes one strategy. The long tickets having very little overlap means players aren't often competing for the same routes, and when there is competition over the few overlapping sections, you can just build a station if you miss out. Blocking (except to break up longest train) is not that important, though there is admittedly a cost to building stations.

Those I played with agreed, it felt much more like solitaire.

Return to “Ticket to Ride”